How to make a grown man CRY and say ALOT of bad words

Bummer for sure, but reads like you are on track for fixing. The brass or what ever could become a trade mark of your neck and always do all of them that way. No one, but us will ever know it was born by a mistake.

I'd try making an inlay that runs from the nearest correctly cut fret to where the miscut fret is supposed to be.... using the same wood.

Last edited:
If this was a guitar neck, I'd say the only problem with turning the misplaced slot into an embellishment is the fact that traditionally, fingerboard decorations happen on specific frets (like the 5th, 7th, 9th, or 12th), and players rely on those markings for visual cues to know where to out their hands. If the mistake wasn't in the right fret, embellishing it would only confuse the player. But this is a canjo, so "traditional" rules probably don't apply. ;)

If this was a guitar neck, I'd say the only problem with turning the misplaced slot into an embellishment is the fact that traditionally, fingerboard decorations happen on specific frets (like the 5th, 7th, 9th, or 12th), and players rely on those markings for visual cues to know where to out their hands. If the mistake wasn't in the right fret, embellishing it would only confuse the player. But this is a canjo, so "traditional" rules probably don't apply. ;)

Also Vaughn I am numbering the side of the neck 1 thu 10 or 12 for 2 string and a guy in Branson is making a 10 tune book to go with the canjo so I am thinking I will be OK on this batch. Dont want to make it a permanent design as it would take to long. The idea is to get them out there as cheap as possible and still make money.

And yer right it is a CANJO :rolleyes: