HA - beat you to the punch - FRIDAY, what's on your list

I just came to check, good work leo.

seems my aunt and uncle are up from florida, theres a big bash for them tomorrow night for their 62 nd wedding anniversary...hey, that's pretty impressive, but we already had plans so the cousins are inviting us out tonight with them for dinner, my favorite Italian place.

tomorrow, we are headed off for the jersey shore, sun, fun, gambling, food, a lot of food, catch a movie, catch a show, did I mention food and a lot of it?

there will be no summer plans for us after this, elen is starting radiation and its a daily thing for the next 6 or 7 weeks, so this is our last chance to get away for a bit. Not a bummer, shes ok and that's all that matters.

If any of you jersey woodworkers are down near the southern part of the jersey shore, pm me if youd like to meet up.

I think we're watching the grandson all weekend (daughter works most of it), but will have to see how well he's going to sleep this weekend. Last weekend he was still waking up every 2 hours and my wife and I saw each other in shifts. Other than that, I have a rifle stock I want to get a little further along to getting finished. I have some yard work to do around the pool, maybe get the fountain uncovered finally and get some mulch down. Also need to get up in the attic to get a gable cover off I didn't realize was still on so it can vent out a little better.

Daughter and family coming for the weekend. Daughter is going to help my wife some going through 40+ years of accumulated "stuff". My wife is still determined, I am going to finish the basement so we can sell and move. I am still dragging my feet. I love this place.

Friday already? We just had one! What happened to the days in between?
Today should be "completion" day for painting of the house & shed. Looking great!:thumb:

Tonight, family barbecue at home, tomorrow night, family barbecue at my son's, Sunday, having the grandson baptized, and then off to the cottage for a week, during which time I will be incommunicado, as I ban computers and TV from the cottage. See you next Sunday.

Friday: Mostly rest today! LOML and I worked in the yard most of Thursday - me mowing the lawn, then helping her transplant a few things and plant some new stuff. Finally settled into the hot tub about 6:30 last evening.

Saturday: Some shop time mainly to do a little cleaning and organizing. Also might finally try my hand at mixing some different colors of resin to mold some bottle stopper and pen blanks. Then an early dinner and settle in for the race.

Sunday: Sleep in for a bit, do brunch, then do nothing the remainder of the day!

The dreaded weeding. Between the garden & flower beds, this year has been a non-stop festival for the little buggers :bang::thud:
Also need to dig a pathway into the shop so I can attempt a start at cleaning the pig-sty :eek:
Other than that, just the usual cold pops & grill fixin's...:D

trying to find a place to dump the fill from my driveway extension.

Had a similar situation a couple of years back when I dug the patio further back into the hill and needed to dump a few yards of dirt. A neighbour/coworker lived about 3 houses down and I was talking to him/his wife :blah: and she mentioned that she'd really like to replace the falling down wall/fence around the one side of their yard. Not one to miss a chance I mentioned that I had a bunch of fill dirt ready to go that could fill in the one low area. He protested that "they'd have to get the fence torn down first and .... " - well the fence was ready for a stiff breeze so I put one foot up on it and pushed it over. She was estatic, him not so much :D The downside is that I moved about 3 yards of dirt down the hill one wheelbarrow and shovel load at a time.

Still rehabbing but getting anxious to 'do stuff.' Know I have to go slow, so I remember the pain of the last 3 1/2 weeks and settle back some. Drawing some for the book. Need to get gas in the car and get it washed, but no real 'work' planned.

Sunday, I am visiting a church that might become my next assignment. I wouldn't even have to move! Double bonus! I am really excited about that! Its been a long time but so much good stuff has happened in that time span that I am not unhappy about not working. Would be nice to get a paycheck again, so I am hopeful.

Playing a gig tonight at Sneakerz, one of our regular Sports Bar venues. Tomorrow I'm headed to Comcast to stand in line and turn in the cable box and DVR. I figure it's been a year since I turned on the dang TV, so it makes no sense for me to spend >$100 per month for the service. That's money that could be going into new guitars, lol! After the Comcast trip, I've got a date with a mini lathe and a chunk of redwood burl. ;) More on that later.

Sunday I'm heading out to check out a new band in the early afternoon, then headed to my sister's house for a get-together to celebrate a whole slew of birthdays.

Canada Day is Tuesday, so it's an extra long weekend as most folks will take the Monday off. Weather outlook says we might be making hay, but it's big round bales, so not much heavy lifting involved. Lots of yard work and deferred maintenance on the buildings.
Tuesday the little community of Burlington has their Canada Day fair. Lots of fun, music, friends, a horse pull and great food. Maybe I'll finally get the barn dust washed off a kayak, in some nearby body of water. Also, making plans for a little trip in a few weeks.:D

The dreaded weeding. Between the garden & flower beds, this year has been a non-stop festival for the little buggers :bang:...

I spent the morning on hands and knees worshiping the weed gods.....then I headed to the mulch place for two yards of bark fines. That will take care of the weeds for a while. In the meantime, I made myself a neat little weeder that works great and doesn't cost much. I saw this wire weeder at one of my suppliers:
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/c-849-wire-weeder.aspx
It looked an awful lot like a small paint roller frame, so I went to Lowe's and spent a couple of dollars on one of these:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_186761-159-...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=
Popped the roller holder off in the vise, filed the bottom half flat and went to town. Can't believe how well it works. It also has threads for adding a long handle if you want to save your back. Highly recommended...and cheap!!!

Last edited:
Picking up my truck from the body shop in the morning. I finally got all the damage fixed from when the freight truck hit me. My lawyer says that they are getting close to settling with me. HAving a few other minor dents and dings fixed as well.

Getting ready to sell it on CL and a few other sources. It's been a great truck but time to move on. 2008 Silverado 4x4 All Star edition should sell pretty quick I hope.

Spend today putting new tubes in my grand daughters bike and fixing her bell. One happy 5 year old :D

No clue as to what's going on the rest of the weekend. Probably will go to BJ's wholesale club and stock up on food and stuff. Church Sunday and then who knows ??

Decided to sell my new Incra Ibox and freud cutter as well. Works great but I've only used it once in 6 months. I just don't make many box joints.
I've got to finally clean out the shop of stuff I have no use for. It's just taking up valuable space. I've already given some stuff away, plus a bunch of wood scraps, to the handicapped father of a friend of mine. I guess he used to love woodworking but lost all of his tools years ago. My friend said that he was so happy to be able to fiddle around with wood again.

Last edited: