cats are the worst

Just another reason to avoid them. Lady had a cleaning lady come in and she brought her cat. The cat got a little crazy and knocked the picture off the wall. 1811 landscape.
Maybe I should be thankful for the cat for the work LOL.
Getting started on this and seeing if my magic will work. 22x36"

Cleaning lady got the boot. Yea I can fix it. Right now it is under weights around the edges adding an extended boarder canvas so when I re stretch the painting to the stretcher bars. The canvas edges are bridal and need reinforcing.

Yikes I wouldn't even know where to start on something like that (or even would have imagined that it would be meaningfully fixable). Definitely looking forward to the after shot once you've worked your magic!

Dave, with your talents it'll be better than before!

Glad to hear the cleaning woman got the heave-ho! Absolutely crazy to bring a pet into another's home while working.

Talk about spilled milk. Dave, I've seen you work near miraculous recoveries in the past. This will be one for the angels.

Ryan glue wouldn't work unless it can be reversible. I use rabbit skin glue and beeswax, damar varnish as a glue also with the rabbit . I'll have an update Monday.

I was about as serious with that as you were with the bubble gum.

Looking forward to learning more. Interesting.. I'm guessing the original top coast was probably something like damar (not sure how you'd tell, I guess based on a couple of careful solvent tests? Or can you tell just by looking?)