A new man?

I am now "bionic"! Implantable Cardiovertor Defibrillator "ICD" implanted yesterday at 3 pm, home by 7:45. A bit sore, to be expected, but life is good!

Not sure what an ICD is, but glad it's working and you're still kicking... take care of yourself, listen to your wife and doctor (not necessarily in that order, but it's a wise order) - be well.

I was tested for a murmur on Tuesday, but they results came back as while definite murmur, it's not significant. Was glad to hear that as all the men on both sides of my family have had heart problems.

Not sure what an ICD is, but glad it's working and you're still kicking... take care of yourself, listen to your wife and doctor (not necessarily in that order, but it's a wise order) - be well.

I was tested for a murmur on Tuesday, but they results came back as while definite murmur, it's not significant. Was glad to hear that as all the men on both sides of my family have had heart problems.

I am now "bionic"! Implantable Cardiovertor Defibrillator "ICD" implanted yesterday at 3 pm, home by 7:45. A bit sore, to be expected, but life is good!

I read that part, but still don't know what it does or how it works... just my medical ignorance.

It does a couple things Chuck. If your heart is beating real fast...130-180 beats a minute, it will give you a low level shock to reset the electrical impluse that causes your heart to beat.
If your heart goes into an oddball rhythm, it will give it a shock to reset the nodes that control the rate and rhytm of the heart. Either way...you get a woo hoo:eek:!! sensation. ;)

Glad to hear you are doing well with your new implant. Check with your Doc to see if there are any warnings about strong magnetic/electronic fields that could cause problems. Charles H. indicated that things like welders can be trouble. I work in MRI and you cannot have one anymore.

Keep on ticking!!!

Glad to hear you are doing well with your new implant. Check with your Doc to see if there are any warnings about strong magnetic/electronic fields that could cause problems. Charles H. indicated that things like welders can be trouble. I work in MRI and you cannot have one anymore.

Keep on ticking!!![/

Hi Don; Yes, I've been alerted to no MRI's. It's CAT SCANS for me. I was wondering about VS on a lathe, if I ever get back to turning?

I can't tell you specifically Mack on the VS. I kind of thought you had discussed it with your doc since you were selling. I think it is the strong magnetic waves that get the thing, could be wrong but the VS is hard wired to the motor so wouldn't think so but would ask before using it. Man I am so hyped to hear you considering turning! You are back Mack!!!!!!!!!!
A buddy of mine took a load of junk to the scrapyard, they were loading a semi beside his truck, he felt horrible after leaving there. Yep, they were using the large magnet on the excavator to load the scrap in the semi. His doc could reset and check his over the phone!

It does a couple things Chuck. If your heart is beating real fast...130-180 beats a minute, it will give you a low level shock to reset the electrical impluse that causes your heart to beat.
If your heart goes into an oddball rhythm, it will give it a shock to reset the nodes that control the rate and rhytm of the heart. Either way...you get a woo hoo:eek:!! sensation. ;)

Ok thanks for the explanation... Dianne had her first follow-up with her new cardiologist today... he's taken over her treatment since the heart surgeon has released her. She still having some problems with the atrial fibrillation that the surgeon tried to correct when he did the valve replacement... her rhythm is still too high... the doctor is first going to try to change medication to see if will control it, if not then in the near future she will get a pacemaker.