Twig Chair

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
So...yes or no?

Twig%20Chair.jpg

Firmly in the maybe camp and I probably won't change my mind very much.

Don't actually like the look of the joinery on that one, those bottom joints look like a weak point. The arm rails are to narrow to be comfortable as well.

Agree with Darren and think the twigs could be moderately to extremely comfortable depending on the pre-sitting condition of the carrier of the posterior. Agree with Ted that positional stability if positively concerning but definitely solvable regardless.

another one to try it out but the joinery and the loose twigs need to be addressed but if the twigs were stationary then maybe the comfort goes away? kinda like a bean bag chair..

I'm also in the 'maybe' camp. I do like the look, a neat blend of rustic and modern. I question the joinery, though. Looks cushy in a way, but as Paul pointed out, there would be little nubbies sticking you in the back. I also see it as a challenge to keep dusted and spider-free.

I'm also in the 'maybe' camp. I do like the look, a neat blend of rustic and modern. I question the joinery, though. Looks cushy in a way, but as Paul pointed out, there would be little nubbies sticking you in the back. I also see it as a challenge to keep dusted and spider-free.

Didn't think about spiders:eek: Nope, that chair ain't for me !!!!

Nope! Don't like the look, don't like little knubb'n things pok'n in my back! Well, just being honest.

Considered that but I don't think it's probably a huge problem if the twigs are well picked. Think of it more like a rush mat and I think it could make some sense. Unconvinced about the number of twigs as it would seem to offer to much chance for bunching with them that deep.