transglutimase aka meat glue ideas?

I could totally see scallops wrapped in chicken skin and all crisped up. Oh yeah.

Steak wrapped in chicken or duck skin was on the original list. My main concern with it is the fat content on the skin might hinder the bond (this is also a potential concern with some bacon - slightly lower fat/higher quality would probably be best). The backup plan would be to glue it on inside out which I'm pretty sure would work.

If you're doing scallops why not: wrap with with the skin, confit in duck or goose fat and THEN flash fry the outsides crispy :D Yes I am a naughty naughty boy!

Side note we had some duck thigh confit on the weekend and it was amazing!

You really got me thinking on this one Ryan.

There was a place in Winston Salem when I lived there that made a sandwich called a 'Cham', Chicken and ham, but it was like a piece of fried chicken with a slice of ham.

Here's what I'm thinking of now, A Ham and Chicken checkboard, made into a loaf, sliced, breaded, and fried, and put on a bun...

General idea of the what it would look like under the breading...

This is beef and chicken, but I think ham would be even better...

(I may have just ordered some transglutimase)

beef_chicken_psp.jpg

You really got me thinking on this one Ryan.

There was a place in Winston Salem when I lived there that made a sandwich called a 'Cham', Chicken and ham, but it was like a piece of fried chicken with a slice of ham.

Here's what I'm thinking of now, A Ham and Chicken checkboard, made into a loaf, sliced, breaded, and fried, and put on a bun...

General idea of the what it would look like under the breading...

This is beef and chicken, but I think ham would be even better...

(I may have just ordered some transglutimase)

View attachment 83960

Having poorly digested MRE's for a substantial part of my life...no

It's really just an enzyme, like lots of enzymes.

Enzymes are all around and help us make lots of kinds of foods. This one just encourages proteins to stick together.

When making sausage, you need to make sure you mix it long enough to get the proteins to stick together.

This just helps turbo charge that process a bit.

And I guarantee, I'd be putting together some good ham and chicken!

Or using it to make Smoked Beef Cordon Bleu Cheese...

Now I'm thinking, What if you made some kind of a thinly rolled out sheet of chicken, real chicken, just pounded flat, but using the tgm to make sure it stayed together in a sheet.

Now I'm thinking, cut it into squares, and stuff the squares with 'stuff'. Maybe a mango salsa, maybe a flavored swiss cheese mix. Seal it up like ravioli and lightly pan sear....

Little chickeny pillows of flavor bombs...

One of the folks at work pointed this idea out: http://blog.ideasinfood.com/ideas_in_food/2011/11/hand-cut-shrimp-noodles.html
Seems like it would be a good start.

You might be able to get away with just really thinly filleting the chicken and doing it that way. Not sure about retaining a good tooth and tenderness with doing it that way though, possibly sous vide with butter or confit in fat?

Oh Yeah, Those shrimp noodles look good.

You might be able to just do something similar with chicken, but cut it into small cubes, apply the tgm, vacuum seal it up in a bag, and use a rolling pin to evenly smush it down.

then sous vide, and use it for the ravioli. I can't wait to give this a try.