Gosh twang it

So another new adventure...dove into some fret work...Flatten/leveling, shaping, and re-crowning. I think I could use more of a crown, but this is as far as my limited selection of files could take me. I'm going to have to make friends with Stew-Mac one of these days....
Pic 001.jpg Pic 002.jpg
Pic 003.jpg

Then it was onto the final coat :crossed: on the neck...also threw in a little look-see at my attempt at details...
Pic 004.jpg Pic 005.jpgPic 006.jpg Pic 007.jpg

And hopefully the last coat on the body sides...
Pic 008.jpg

Still have the top & bottom of the body to finish, as well as shaping & installing the bridge. Need to get out this weekend and buy nut & saddle blanks and some strings...Sure I'm forgetting a thing or three, but they'll come to me soon enough I'm sure :D

EDIT: I should mention the body sides are in Lacquer, the antique oil was just on the bench at the time...

Last edited:
Just go caught up on this today! WOW! The more mistakes made, the better it got. I wish I had your perseverance! I would have probably given up back at the first crack in the first attempt on the side. That guitar is looking awesome. Very unique. Thank you for taking the time to bring us along on this build.

:thud:

Well congrats for getting as far as you did, there are several points along the way where it didn't seem salvagable and yet you did :salute:

Just think the next one will be at least 10 times easier now that you know .. many things .. that can go wrong.

Who said you can't get no satisfaction. That piece had so much bad karma in it you had to do it just to get a clean slate. Lord knows what would have happened to you if you tried to play it, although I do think I remember a StuMac video on how to remove frets without chipping:)