RIP Lokai

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I said goodbye to the mascot and a very good friend at 10 AM this morning. Day-to-day life had just gotten to be too much of a chore too painful for him. Our vet was very gentle and very understanding. Lokai went very peacefully, cradled in my arms. I will miss him deeply.

Thanks to all for the kind words you have expressed and a special thanks to those who welcomed him into your homes when I made my cross-country trip five years ago.

Very sorry to see this news, Rennie. I regret that I never had a chance to meet Lokai, but I can tell from what you've said that he was a great dog who gave and received lots of love in his life.

My condolences, Rennie. Like so many, BTDT. Never easy. Love is a precious commodity, so easily given by pets, especially dogs. And love hurts when it is gone. Keep your heart open. Someday there may be a new love, not to replace what you have known, but to remind you that once again, love is precious. Peace and comfort, brother.

That is the friend in the Avitar?

Ohhh - that is really sad indeed.

I have two aging really really close friends.

I don't know about you, but I will be a total basket case when it is their time.

I feel for you - and I wish the best for you.

Have a hug on me ----- A gentle pat on the back --- and a few tears.

Thanks everyone. It's been a pretty hard day.

Larry, sorry, no. No replacement. Lokai was a one of a kind and I'm getting to the time in life where the replacement would probably outlive me! Taking on a new guy brings a whole new responsibility and I don't think I want to go there. I will have to live my dog life vicariously through others.