Thread: Need to get one of these for my collection

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Need to get one of these for my collection

Hopefully the price will come down a bit when they get into full production. Cost for the 12" is $1200.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 07-23-2014 at 07:02 PM. Reason: to correct typos
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Price is high but getting the Federal license to own the thing is the real problem and huge cost.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Price is high but getting the Federal license to own the thing is the real problem and huge cost.
    Not that bad actually - still not cheap you need to pay a $200 transfer fee and you need to convince a local police officer to sign the form (and you need to be in a state that doesn't disallow them). A friend of mine got one and when asked why he wanted it responded "so its quieter when I shoot" - the sheriff agreed that was a good reason and signed the paperwork (that was a particularly reasonable example.. other folks have had more trouble).

A decent overview is here: http://www.silencerresearch.com/Silencerguide.pdf

That 12 gauge can is very impressive.

One of the members of the shooting club I belong to is a machinist, and he's working with one of the local gun shops in designing and making suppressors. At the Range Day last month they brought out a few prototypes to try out and let the members play with. Attached to a .22 bolt action rifle and shooting subsonic rounds, it was amazing to see how much they silenced the gun. You literally just heard the click of the hammer dropping, and the thump of the bullet as it hit the dirt berm 25 yards away.

Obviously, I'm living in a Class III-friendly state. The local indoor range even has several full auto weapons you can rent for next to nothing. (I think it's $10 for the day.) The caveat is that you have to buy the ammo from them, too, and those things can chew through $100 in a heartbeat, especially the .50 cal BMG.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Pretty cool but I wonder how many shots you can put thru it before it wears out. I also wonder how it effects the choke ??
    Faith, Hope & Charity

There's a looong wait for Form 4 processing and approval...about 8 months lately.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Showed this to the wife and said I'm going to get you one of these silencers...she looked at me kinda funny and said " I don't have a shotgun"...a minute or so passes and I'm now supporting a new bruise
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

I think in NY, use of a silencer gets you beheaded.
    Driving drunk and killing innocent people gets you a 6 month license suspension.
    Human Test Dummy

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I feel quit sure i could get one of sheriff joe's deputies to sign a permit. Like New Mexico Arizona has very friendly gun laws. Ya don't even need a permit to carry conceled here.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Looks like he is in Nevada, and it looks like a good place to work at and make some good money.

The gun industry is HOT! right now, and only going to get hotter.<--(advice from an worldly experianced guy, in case someone younger is looking for a career to support his family).
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible