Need to get one of these for my collection

Price is high but getting the Federal license to own the thing is the real problem and huge cost.

Not that bad actually - still not cheap you need to pay a $200 transfer fee and you need to convince a local police officer to sign the form (and you need to be in a state that doesn't disallow them). A friend of mine got one and when asked why he wanted it responded "so its quieter when I shoot" - the sheriff agreed that was a good reason and signed the paperwork (that was a particularly reasonable example.. other folks have had more trouble).

A decent overview is here: http://www.silencerresearch.com/Silencerguide.pdf

That 12 gauge can is very impressive. :thumb:

One of the members of the shooting club I belong to is a machinist, and he's working with one of the local gun shops in designing and making suppressors. At the Range Day last month they brought out a few prototypes to try out and let the members play with. Attached to a .22 bolt action rifle and shooting subsonic rounds, it was amazing to see how much they silenced the gun. You literally just heard the click of the hammer dropping, and the thump of the bullet as it hit the dirt berm 25 yards away.

Obviously, I'm living in a Class III-friendly state. The local indoor range even has several full auto weapons you can rent for next to nothing. (I think it's $10 for the day.) The caveat is that you have to buy the ammo from them, too, and those things can chew through $100 in a heartbeat, especially the .50 cal BMG. ;)

Looks like he is in Nevada, and it looks like a good place to work at and make some good money.

The gun industry is HOT! right now, and only going to get hotter.<--(advice from an worldly experianced guy, in case someone younger is looking for a career to support his family).