It's Friday! 7/25/2014 Edition

Since we are on the the topic of California, we got a little rain this morning and more expected tomorrow. Well, of course. I finally feel well enough to work outside and all I did was cover everything with tarps!

Bill's story about being stuck in California reminds me of my own experience the day I spent a week in Gallup, NM. Got there Monday morning for a quick field service call, and finally left Saturday afternoon.

Like anyone who traveled a couple hundred days a year for work; I have stories :eek:. One of my favorites was when I heading back to the hotel in Orange County, CA from a job that only had a couple days to go. Got a call in the car (you could use your phone and drive back then) to go to LAX. The project manager checked me out of the hotel and sent all my stuff to Texas. From there I went to Seattle to "help out a bit". I spent Christmas there and got back 6 months later. Fortunately, my home address was in my GPS so I was able to tell the cab where to take me when we left the airport :D.

As to the Friday Thread; I plan to make up for some ill-spent weekends of the recent past and hit the shop for some re-org before the next project starts.

It,s canning time here. Put in 8 tomato plants and they decided to rule the garden. Making lots of tomato juice then stewed tomaoes. Stocking up for the harsh winter.

Just got back from visiting family in Baltimore. Brought back a few of my Fathers bench planes, a low angle block plane, stanley #78 rabbet plane, assorted hammers and yankee screw drivers and other assorted hand tools.