it's Monday again

Hey all. Been in Co for A week and half. Visited a number of old friends from back east. My last day relaxing in Co up in the Rockies before heading to the Grand Canyon tomorrow . Meeting up with a couple of rider's I meet last year on my ride to Sturgis. We will head towards Sturgis from there. Through Utah then Wyoming and on to Sturgis and home. Having an awesome ride. Jarrod has finally settled in to running the shop. But I am missing it just a bit. .......NOT ! LOL.

Last edited:
Look out from the room I am staying in at a friends home in Conifer Co. The mule deer are in his back yard.

Carol, my 1st elk painting , the reference photo was taken at this location.

Last edited:
I've said it before elsewhere, but those mulies are a bit bigger than the little whitetails you Easterners call "deer", huh? :D Looks like your friend lives in some pretty country.

Sorry we won't be able to meet up this time Dave, but I'm glad you're getting to see some gorgeous places on this trip. :thumb:

Hey, given the choice of seeing the Grand Canyon or seeing my ugly mug, I'd take the Grand Canyon any day of the year! :D

Hey, given the choice of seeing the Grand Canyon or seeing my ugly mug, I'd take the Grand Canyon any day of the year! :D

Well I would think differently about your choice Vaughn. The Grand Canyon will always be there (well as long as we have earth in one piece) but people have finite time on this planet and i think you are one person that is definitely worth meeting :thumb:. Ugly or not , now report me and i will say i used your words when i get racked over the coals. :rofl: Hope that's seen as my feeble attempt at humor.:(

Beautiful, Dave.

Isn't it amazing how we all can recognize beauty even if when we cannot bring that same beauty to a painting. That's why we have artists like Dave. To remind us of the beauty in the world. Thanks for sharing beauty, Dave, whether through your camera or through your brushes.

Stay safe on your ride and in Sturgis. It can get kind of frisky there. :rolleyes:

Great pics, Dave. :thumb: My first trip to the canyon was on a family vacation in the late 1960s. It rained on us all the way from Flagstaff to the canyon, but the skies cleared right as we got there, and there was a double rainbow going from the South Rim down into the depths of the canyon. It was an awesome sight. Many years later, I drove up from Flagstaff with a bunch of bandmates one night after a bar gig, and we literally sat on the edge of a cliff and watched the sun rise. Another awesome sight.

Well I would think differently about your choice Vaughn. The Grand Canyon will always be there (well as long as we have earth in one piece) but people have finite time on this planet and i think you are one person that is definitely worth meeting :thumb:...

I dunno, Rob. I've seen me, and I've seen the Grand Canyon. I'd much rather look in the mirror every morning and see the Grand Canyon instead of me. :rofl:

...in Sturgis. It can get kind of frisky there. :rolleyes:

Of course it can. Why do you think he's going? :D

Have a good ride and a safe trip, Dave! :wave:

Carol I did not go to Sturgis. I got a call better close cousin of mine husband passed away yesterday cancer. I did not feel right going on the Sturgis so right now I'm at Jacobs and will be headed home tomorrow if I don't make a side trip to Kentucky