Crazy Infant!!

What is up with this infant?

Just to be clear, she is our first child, my parents first grandchild, my wifes first grandchild and also her grandmothers first great-grandchild. That is a long way of saying her trainbox is overloaded with the most expensive, electronic, noise-making, plastic injected molded toys to ever come out of a toy factory.

So what is her favorite toys? These...

An empty 20 oz water bottle filled with a few peanuts for noise
A small tin bucket
Napkins (she tears them into shreds)
Our computers mouse pad?????
Remote Controls

sounds like a normal kid to me. ;)

Here's a present suggestion... hang around the furniture store and ask for a refrigerator box. Put it together with some other boxes and she can craw through her "castle" and have fun.

...art (dad of four aged 3-10)

... she is our first child...my wifes first grandchild, ...
You don't see that happen very often. :rofl:

By no means comparing your baby girl to a dog, but our big dog has a catalog's worth of dog toys, but he's happiest with things like an empty 2 1/2 gallon drinking water jug or the box from a frozen dinner. :)

You don't see that happen very often.
Vaughn, you beat me to it. I need to get up a little earlier.

As for the kid's favorite toys, that happened to us wuite a bit also. Seems people buy toys which they think the child will like or a toy that they like. As Art says, the big boxes are always a hit with the little ones.

Sounds very normal to me. You left off the ring of keys. Kids love 'em. The paper napkin tearing thing is very normal also. Our two year old grandaughter will unroll an entire roll of toilet paper and laugh while we are trying to chasitse her for doing it. 'Kid' normal ain't 'grown up' normal. Enjoy while you can. And don't blink. If you do, you will miss the next 18 years and she will be gone.