I have had my Monster hollowing system for many years now and it has worked well for me - I have enjoyed hollowing with this system but ran into some trouble when I started using a 3/4 snake bar - Originally I had a adapter that would fit into the front block of the system that would accept the 3/4 bar (See Pic #3) - it worked well for a short time then with the set screws secure it began to move in the block slightly but enough to make hollowing a bit of a chore because i had to stop the lathe straighten it and retighten it up - After much fiddling with regrinding and trying other ideas i threw in the towel and contacted Monster Tools, explained the problem and had a new adapter made - I put it to work yesterday and it worked perfectly and hold the bar solidly - Thumbs up to Monster Tool for a outstanding job and im glad the quality stays outstanding.
Picture 1 - just a phot shot of the rig set up on the lathe
Picture 2 - Close up of the Adapter in the front bar
Picture 3 - The Old adapter and the new improved adapter
Picture 4 - Vesssel unfinished - silk oak - sanded to 800 - 2 coats of Danish oil (a touch of amber transtint mixed in to add a bit of light color), 0000 between coats - will probably
shoot for 3-4 total and buff - final coat 1-2 of Mylands wax polish