A couple garden benches that I built

John Pollman

I saw a picture on FB of a very nice horse themed garden bench. It had a link to free plans so I downloaded them. I have a friend in NC that is dealing with pretty much the same condition I am, but hers is much worse. She is in a wheel chair and non-verbal. She loves horses and they are in the process of building a new bathroom suite with a 5x5 roll in shower for her. I found out that they were looking for a bench for in there so it will make it easier for her while dressing. This sounded perfect, so I got to work.

I made the prototype out of PT because it's cheaper. It came out beautiful, so I made another one out of Cedar. It came out even better! Here's a shot of both.

Horse Bench.jpgCedar Horse Bench.jpg

Now I just have to find an economical way to ship it the 650 miles to them. I built it so that it breaks down into 4 smaller pieces. It only weighs 50lb. so it shouldn't be too bad.

Well done John, fantastic gesture on your part. Hope it all arrives in good shape.
How about posting a link to the plans. Its a cool bench.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Jessie's bench is on the way south!

It worked out great. It turns out that Jessie's uncle's step son is a trucker. He lives about 4 hours south of them in Tennessee, but he makes a run up to Michigan every other week. One of his stops is only a half hour from me. He said that he'd be glad to take it home and then Jessie's uncle is going to take it up to NC for them. I met him about 12:30 this morning and turned it over. I'm so excited for Jessie to see it. I think she's gonna love it!

My next step is to modify this design a bit so that I can build them so that they can be easily dismantled and reassembled. If I can accomplish that, I can sell them on Etsy. They only weigh about 50 lbs. But even broken down into the four main pieces, the package is so large that it costs a fortune to ship.

I'm working on some other designs that can be used instead of just a horse. I really enjoy building these things and I hope this works out. My days of working in the trades are sadly going to have to come to an end sooner than I had hoped.