Thread: Rosetta Comet

Rosetta Comet

I think that's gonna be pretty interesting

Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Its so great that that you guys see it like this. To me its. Still got all the wow of the lunar landing. I am just sad so many others that should be just as excited about it dont appear to be.
    I say kudos to all those people involved it took 10 years of commitment to get it to this point. Thats satying power. And its only going to get better.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    cheers

Why is this not bigger news and on all the news channels all the time? This is an incredible accomplishment!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Brent I dont think too mamy get it, even if they get to hear about it. I just tested my theory on my wife and sad to say it went over her head even when i tried expanding on the whole project. Things are just taken for granted it seems to me. Dunno.
    There is so much to this project.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Why is this not bigger news and on all the news channels all the time?...
    Good question. I generally stay pretty well informed on science/technology stuff, yet this is the first I've heard about this mission. I have no idea why the media isn't saying more about it. Could it be a US vs. the EU thing?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

While I love technology I have a hard time with things like this.

There are some many things much more important that need to be done here on earth.

Food clothing & medical attention for those who are unable (not unwilling) to do it for them selves & most important teaching people ways to be productive & take care of themselves. Working on our senate & congress to get them doing things honestly & conducting business for this country the way it should so that this country can become productive again. We all know that if we conducted business the way they do we would be thrown in the iron bar hotel & the keys thrown away.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Re: Rosetta Comet

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Good question. I generally stay pretty well informed on science/technology stuff, yet this is the first I've heard about this mission. I have no idea why the media isn't saying more about it. Could it be a US vs. the EU thing?
    Vaughn i think it most certainly is playing a role. No one wants to highlight the fact the Eu could actually be doing something Nasa aint.

@Bart, i used to think the same especially when you see first hand how many subsist in Africa, however so much real benefit has come from space technology that before i would say no to space exploration i would say cant we get away from nukes and weapons that produce zero return on investment for taxpayers world wide.

cheers