Votive Candle Holder

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Don't know quite why, but I always thought this design was cool and wanted to build one. Well, actually, I built two. :eek:

Brazilian cherry and ambrosia maple. A nice 1/2 day project (well, it would have been had I followed the build sequence correctly). It pays to do things in order! :doh:
DSC_0049.jpgDSC_0046.jpgDSC_0048.jpgDSC_0047.jpg

They are striking and your rendering is top notch. I am jealous of designers who can make something so attractive with just a few lines. I have one living with a relative out in Nevada somewhere.

It gives the look of being split down the middle, but I assume its not 2 pieces, can you show a couple shots without the candles?

In fact it is. You drill the holes first then taper the sides and ends and then cut it right down the center. The two pieces are held together by a sstretcher that is dadoed into the bottom. Stretchers from underneath look to be part of the legs.
tysaba9u.jpg
e5edyqyj.jpg

In fact it is. You drill the holes first then taper the sides and ends and then cut it right down the center. The two pieces are held together by a stretcher that is dadoed into the bottom. Stretchers from underneath look to be part of the legs.

Ain't it always easy when you know the secret! :bang: :rofl:

Thanks Rennie! :thumb: