I have been percolating on a wall mounted tool cabinet for years. I thought I finally had it decided on. The wall space available, the location available, what I really want to put in it, etc. all come into play and morph and change over the years. During my last visit to dad's we talked about it and played with some more options; you pick up a lot of wisdom rattling around this planet for 90 years.
End result is that I realized that no matter how cool a doored cabinet with fold out panels looked, and no matter how much I wanted to make one; I would probably never close said doors. The purposes of the doors could be better met by making standalone . . . or rather, hang-alone doored wings (to be seen in a thread shortly following this one). the modular nature of the group will allow me to use them now (instead of waiting till everything's 'perfect') and arrange them much as a doored unit might be arranged in the future . . . or not .
Long story short, I could vacillate forever or commit to a "version 1" which I have. Version one will be BB ply for the most part and sans doors.
The gallery area in the bottom kept changing so in the drawing shown it is in a state of flux. The rectangular block is just a representation of the space required for a certain plane.
I cut the parts out and finger-jointed them last night. Once dry fit I glued it up.
Today after work I cleaned it up a bit and routed a rabbet in the back for uh . . . the back. A previous version with doors used a 1/2" back. With the reduced carcass stress of a no-doored cabinet, I went with 1/4".
that's it for now.