Plane Till - ver 1, Includes the Wings - Done

After a few iterations I have found a home for some of the items that will go in these things. At least with the pegboard I can move the little fixtures with ease until I'm happy . . . or until the next item shows up and causes a shift :rolleyes:.

Plane Till (30).jpg . Plane Till (31).jpg

Glenn i feel as though u have been reading my mind telepathically. You broke a deadlock for me with how you resolved building in flexibility to your project. Besides being bogged down with loads of side issues i was in a mental block on going forward with my own project like this. The hold up for me was me creating my own perception of a need to decide exactly where and which tools would go into the storage, you just broke that down for me and now i can get the rest done.Cannot thank you enough for sharing your design and ideas. I get so mad at myself for doing this.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the kind words. This has been a fin and rewarding project that took less effort than I would have thought.

Rob, that is exactly what kept me percolating on this thing for so long; what will go where? It finally broke loose for me in a couple of ways. First I decided I had redesigned it often enough and would just forge ahead with a plywood version as a first attempt. Secondly, the move to detached wings with pegboard versus swing-out panels in fixed doors seems like it is going to let me keep evolving the layout while letting me use the fixtures right away. The second wing carcass is gluing up on the bench. This one will go elsewhere in the shop until I get enough continuous wall space close to the bench position during some re-org in the future.

The morphing continues. After the last couple of weeks at work this is very therapeutic. I'm sure these shots look about the same to others but, I see my evil plan evolving :rolleyes:. I moved the holder for my chisels and such that I use when making Greene and Greene square pegs over to the new wing. I did a final version of the DT saw holder and made up a hanger for my favorite little hammer.

Plane Till (32).jpg . Plane Till (33).jpg . Plane Till (34).jpg . Plane Till (35).jpg

At any rate I managed to unload one of the single pegboard panels that I have been using for years that hangs over on the cleat wall.

Plane Till (36).jpg

A nice thing about a cleat wall is that I want to move the clamp rack that hangs to the upper right of the bandsaw to the upper left. I just give it a shove and it slides right over.

Plane Till (37).jpg . Plane Till (38).jpg

The second wing that is under construction . . .

Plane Till (40).jpg

Will replace this single panel giving me nearly 3 times the storage.

Plane Till (39).jpg

Once that's in place I'll juggle some items around a bit more and then get back to some other woodworking. Now what am I gonna do with those left over single panels . . . .

I don't do much carving but, came across something at dad's a few visits ago where a small #7 gouge was just the thing. I caught a recent Woodcraft promotion that made these quite reasonable. It is so great to have a place where I can put them after taking just a few minutes to make a holder out of scrap.

Plane Till (51).jpg . Plane Till (52).jpg