You may remember that last year I made one of these for my neighbour. Well, naturally, her sister wanted one, two. So, i've had the wood for a while, but had just left it on the to do list. Yesterday when i got tired of turning, I took out the wood, and my router table, and frustrated myself no end trying to set up the cut for the joint between the board and the cleat at the end. Finally I decided it might be easier on my table saw, and it was. I did the basic cuts in about 20 minutes, and glued and sanded it today. When I did it on the router table last year, I kept giving up in frustration, and it was a couple of weeks before I delivered the piece. I'm going to sell that router table. Seriously.
The panel is birch, the cleats are walnut. Finished with mineral oil.