new project, 1887 cash register

I dismantled this Friday. I'll be handing Jarrod the inner's to clean, while I repair the wood breaks/inlays.

This is earlier then 1887 , I''l have this replated.

Last edited:
I don't see anything using Firefox. With Internet Explorer, I see 4 blocks with an X in them. When I click on the X, it takes me to Dave's Photobucket, but none of his images show up. I can click on other Photobucket images and they appear like they should. I've had this same issue using Chrome also.

Dave,

I have no idea what's happening and I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing the inability to view your images. I even set up an account on Photobucket to check. When I navigate to your page, I see thumbnails but get a blank screen when I click to enlarge it. I've clicked into many other images on other accounts and have no problem viewing enlarged images.

Thought you'd want to know.

Bill,

I'm seeing the images just fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not due to Dave or FWW.

What browser are you using? Can you try a different one?

Are you able to see pictures in other threads here on FWW?

Bill,

I'm seeing the images just fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not due to Dave or FWW.

Not saying it's Dave or FWW - just reporting an issue.

What browser are you using? Can you try a different one?

Firefox is my normal browser. All that shows up is Dave's text.

Internet Explorer shows the broken link icon where his images should be.

Chrome also shows the broken link icon where his images should be. If I right click on the icon, copy the link address and insert it into the browser URL block, it goes to his Pb page and shows the following:
DH_FWW_1.jpg
To the right of the screen, I can click on any of Dave's other submissions and get the same thing. If I click on anything that is showing under "Trending on Photobucket", they all show as they should.

Are you able to see pictures in other threads here on FWW?

I have no issue seeing any other images on FWW.

Edit: I have the same issue on all three computers - two desktops and one laptop.

Last edited:
Bill,
I don't use Firefox, but the images show up just fine on Chrome and Explorer. Could it be you have your preferences set to exclude pictures?

Maybe a silly question, but have you tried rebooting?

Bill,
I don't use Firefox, but the images show up just fine on Chrome and Explorer. Could it be you have your preferences set to exclude pictures?

Maybe a silly question, but have you tried rebooting?

As I said above, I see all other images just fine. Apparently, something breaks the link to Photobucket.

Rebooting? Yes, on almost a daily basis and many times since I've seen this issue.

I've never thought of myself as a computer dummy, but this situation is bothering me. I'm still researching it as time allows.

here is a look at what I've been up to. A lot more then this has been done but for a taste. Cleaned , Still the original finish is there and french polished.
Making a number of repairs to the wood and thinking of a bike ride to NY to let the pro's who work the guts all the time have at them.

Believe it or not their is actual original finish under the damaged finish in the lower pic before cleaning and polishing.

Last edited: