RIP Robin Williams

Dan Mooney

Robin Williams, the manic comic who morphed from TV's Mork from Ork to Oscar-winning glory, is dead of an apparent suicide. He was 63.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was he and Jonathan Winters Ad libbing!

i had seen an article that said that he had been suffering from depression lately. i had seen one of his interviews on that show with the low key guy with the goatee. he borrowed a scarf from a gal in the audience, and inprov'ed for about 10 minutes doing about 10 different characters.

Sad but not really a surprise, often a talent like his that burns so bright, does not burn so long.

What I'm really not liking is the political class getting in on this grief, they have no shame.

Prayers to Williams family and friends.

In the last couple of months, I have been watching stuff of his from the other side of the pond. Laughing at stuff from his Prince Charles Blues, with Bill Bailey, to how Coco the chimp, wanted to mate with him. Of what I saw, there was one interview which was somewhat insightful (but probably not the only one I have seen on him), as most comedy comes from a place of pain, IMHE. Doesn't surprise me that he could get so depressed after being so manic. Just sorry he couldn't channel it this time, into something that causes joy and laughter. And while he will never see this, nor probably his family, Thank you Robin, for all the joy and laughs you have given over the years.

Radio said he went through a couple of divorces where they took his money away from him,

and now he was in danger of losing his home. (Homelessness is better than death IMO.)

Poor guy, so funny, and probably temporarly broke, and throws in the towel.

On the other side of the same coin is John DeJoria who owns Patron Tequilla.

He used to live in his car with his son, but is tenacaious as can be, never gives up!

now he's a billionare tequilla maker. #1 selling tequilla in America.

I make this point because I have seen a lot in my life and know

You never know whats coming up tommorow--NEVER GIVE UP!

Last edited: