Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hey Brent, Somebody Got Your Recipe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,898

    Hey Brent, Somebody Got Your Recipe

    Found this link posted on Facebook.

    http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/20...ers-aka-a-b-t/
    Jesus was a Woodworker

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    13,360
    Ahh, I had swiped it from teh interwebs in the first place.

    My current favorite is just putting a shrimp in a jalapeno and wrapping it in bacon.

    Lots of opportunity for experimentation!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GTA Ontario Canada
    Posts
    12,251
    Brent did you like it because i tried it and felt i wasted the shrimp.
    cheers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    13,360
    I did like it. Not sure what was not to like with jalapeno, shrimp and bacon though.

    I do tend to just do mine on the grill though, instead of the smoker.

    I take a disposable aluminum pan, cover it with foil and poke holes in the foil with a toothpick. That's to catch all the grease from the bacon.

    Then I put the bacon wrapped items on the foil and put it on the grill over indirect heat at about 300 degrees and just cook till the bacon is browned and crisp.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Gorge Area, Oregon
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    I did like it. Not sure what was not to like with jalapeno, shrimp and bacon though.
    No cheese?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ABQ NM
    Posts
    30,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Ahh, I had swiped it from teh interwebs in the first place.

    My current favorite is just putting a shrimp in a jalapeno and wrapping it in bacon.

    Lots of opportunity for experimentation!
    Yep, ABTs have been around the web for a long time.

    I like the bacon-wrapped shrimp, but I don't bother with the jalapeno. Who needs veggies to get in the way of all that meaty goodness? (Italian salad dressing makes a great marinade for them, too.) I've done them on the grill with either direct or indirect heat, and also the smoker. They're good just about any way I've had them as long as they're not overcooked.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

    workingwoods.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    13,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    No cheese?
    Ran out of cheese and found with the Shrimp I didn't need it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Yep, ABTs have been around the web for a long time.

    I like the bacon-wrapped shrimp, but I don't bother with the jalapeno. Who needs veggies to get in the way of all that meaty goodness? (Italian salad dressing makes a great marinade for them, too.) I've done them on the grill with either direct or indirect heat, and also the smoker. They're good just about any way I've had them as long as they're not overcooked.
    Yeah, If you overcook the shrimp, they get a little rubbery. But bacon fat basted shrimp? Darn tasty, and I like the spicy kick the jalapeno adds.

    Sharons always saying we need more veggies anyways...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash


Similar Threads

  1. Food recipe Message for Tom N.
    By Rob Keeble in forum The Cook Shack
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-15-2015, 05:59 PM
  2. looking for a cherry recipe in dye form
    By larry merlau in forum Finishing School
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 06:06 PM
  3. Recipe Holder
    By Ted Calver in forum The Cook Shack
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2013, 08:21 PM
  4. Crawfish Recipe
    By Cynthia White in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:44 PM
  5. Anything Leftover Casserole Recipe
    By Cynthia White in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 03:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •