Well, on Sunday, I got most of the day to work in the Dungeon, and I was getting close to finishing the lightweight case, but I was also bored with working on it. After the success of the Shrinewood pens, and the ease of use of the DIY Pen Press, I decided to make a few pens.
I spent part of the morning building a Pen Drilling vice, it worked great, and really increased my productivity!
Here is the results...............
From the top;
1) Ash, from Steve Ash
2) Osage Orange from..... heck I forget. Might have been Bernie...?
3) Bubinga From Barry Stratton (SMC guy)
4) Tigerwood from Barry Stratton (SMC guy)
5) Birdseye Maple from Steve Ash
6) Honey Maple fro Steve Ash
I really like how these pens turned out, the only thing slowing me down is my finishing, but while it might take a bit longer, it makes VERY durable pens.