This is Kind of an Interesting little Interview for the Musicians Among us

I'm a lucky man.

My wife just lets me have my guitars and doesn't make me explain why I need so many...

But seriously, Each one I have has a different sound/feel/use and thats why!

I have no idea what he's talking about. :whistling:

Load%20Up%20to%20Sneakerz%20600.jpg

For the acoustic band I'm playing with, I take 5 electric guitars to gigs. I commented recently to the other guitarist in the band that I now have enough guitars at home that I can color-coordinate them with what I decide to wear to a gig. :D Honestly, though, there are guitars with single-coil pickups and guitars with double-coil pickups, and they sound differently, so I bring both. There are also guitars with fixed bridges and those with tremolo bridges (aka a whammy bar). There are things you can do with one type of bridge that you can't do with the other, so I bring both. And there there is the synthetic guitar (the Variax) or the guitar synthesizer (the Roland G-55, which can be attached to any guitar). I blended the two together and use the Variax as the platform for the Roland guitar synth. Then to top it off, we do some songs where I need my guitar tuned to E flat.

Recently, this is the lineup:

One single-coil guitar tuned to E - The white Stratocaster
One single-coil guitar tuned to E flat - The black Stratocaster
One double-coil guitar with a fixed bridge - Either the PRS SE 245 or the BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
One double-coil guitar with a tremolo bridge - Either the PRS SE Custom 24 or the PRS SE Custom 22
One synth guitar (can sound like electric or acoustic guitar, banjo, sitar, piano, organ, accordion, harmonica, flute, cello, violin, choir, orchestral strings, and literally hundreds of other things) - The Variax 700

I'm still undecided what guitars I'll use with the electric band, but it'll probably be three - a Strat, a double-coil with a fixed bridge, and one with the tremolo bridge. :guitar: