Nu2me

Congrats! I had the smaller version of that one, and it was a good little drill press. I think I sold mine for more than you paid for the bigger one, and you got the mortising setup as a bonus. :thumb:

Well done Ken great purchase for excellent value.

I like the fact that unlike the delta shopmaster series it does not have the reeves style variable speed to cause issues like mine did.

And boy do i agree with u on the people selling old tools. At least you guys in USA have good deals on Craigslist. Come over and try my neck of the woods and you would think second hand stuff was off the shelf of the store.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

...I like the fact that unlike the delta shopmaster series it does not have the reeves style variable speed to cause issues like mine did...

I had the Shopmaster 10", but it didn't have the Reeves drive. It was (I believe) just five stepped pulleys.

41dOzjbdpSL.jpg

As an aside, I sold mine to a college kid in Compton (first generation Mexican immigrant) who was also running a "little machine shop" (his words) out of a garage in the back yard of his dad's house. Turns out he had one of these (or one very similar) jammed into the garage and was keeping it so busy filling orders he had to hire his cousin to run it during the daytime while he was in school learning to be a mechanical engineer:

http://www.haascnc.com/we_spec1.asp...atID=Standard Features&options=true#gsc.tab=0

He also had a BMW 325i parked in the back yard out of sight from the street. He totally turned my thoughts about ghetto kids from Compton upside down.