For those of us that Qualify

I'm not quite knocking at the "senior citizen" door yet, but I'm coming up the front sidewalk. :D I'm The cashier at the restaurant where I ate dinner last night gave me the "Young Person's Discount". I think she was patronizing me (she was about my age). I still took the discount, though. :yes:

My favorite was the answer to the question, "How old do you have to be to qualify for the senior discount?" Answer "Old enough to ask." But I recently got a "Super Senior" discount on a ski lift (summer) - Senior discount was for 65 to 70, Super Seniors were... uh ... older.

The best is a Senior Coffee at McDonald's - it varies between 25 and 50 cents. Just order a "senior coffee."

I am finding it hard to call myself a senior - but I get senior discounts in a few places - not all.

I started receiving the senior center newsletter from my town this year as I turned 60 this year.

I keep finding it odd - that I have entered my 60's.

When I turned 50 - it didn't seem so odd.

I don't "feel" 60 - at least most times - but sometimes - yeah I feel it.

I enjoyed being a senior by going to work today - just like the past 44 years.

Does that mean the coffee is free instead of 50 cents--:)

I shouldn't tell this, however I vividly remember Myrna's sister refusing to go back to a restaurant because they raised the price of coffee to 35 cents. (dang computers...the typewriters had a "cents" key)

Coffee in a cafe was still 5 cents when I went to High School.

Enjoy,
JimB

I don't know if I mentioned it before so excuse if I am repeating myself. There is a 105 year old lady going to the same gym that I go to. The Padres had her throw out the first ball of the season a day after she turned 105.

Last edited:
...There is a 105 year old lady going to the same gym that I go to. The Padres had her throw out the first ball of the season a day after she turned 105.

That's very cool. :thumb:

...(dang computers...the typewriters had a "cents" key)...

If you hold down the Alt key and type 0162 on the numeric keypad of your keyboard (not the number keys on the top row), you'll get this: ¢

Just my 2¢ worth. :D

"(not the number keys on the top row)"

Unless its a Mac. Then its hold the option key and press 4 for ¢. Even if you have as many ¢ as Vaughn.

Reaching the age where you can be considered a senior citizen is always a good thing. However, it is not a good thing when this happens to you.

My wife and I met at a cafeteria and when we were paying our checks she was asked if she was a senior. I was behind her in line and the clerk did not ask me.

I made one little comment....................:(

Ive been given a senior discount without asking.
a 16 y/o little girl once gave me the discount and I aksed her if I looked that old, really?
(I was playing with her, not serious)
she was a smart cookie. she told me I reminded her of her uncle, I looked just like him, but he wasn't as handsome as me.
This kid was really smart, I wanted to hire her to work for me that day.(she was fibbing ofcourse, but she was smart about it)

When I was ready to pay for my purchases of gun powder and bullets, the cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."

Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.

When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out that she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card-reader.

I have been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.They need to make their instructions to us seniors a little clearer.

I still don't think I looked that bad.

When I was ready to pay for my purchases of gun powder and bullets, the cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."

Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.

When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out that she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card-reader.

I have been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.They need to make their instructions to us seniors a little clearer.

I still don't think I looked that bad.

LOL--good one! :)