It's Friday! 8/22/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
It's here again! Hoping to get some finishes on the woodwork for the RV project, install the TV, antenna, lighting, and other miscellaneous stuff that I can do while the coats dry. Other than that, hanging by the pool and watching the grandson. May have to take a trip out to take Mom & Dad out to lunch/dinner, they are celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary today.

What's everyone else got going?

This weekend I will be sorting stuff into the file cabinet drawers. I need to clear the area all this is stacked. I also will work on my outside sink project so I can commence with some serious cleaning of some very dirty old arn.

Maybe some things I have been looking for will turn up. Also have already found some things that have not fared well with all the moving and packing. :( :pullhair:

In checking the smilies, I see Vaughn made a suggestion for dinner tomorrow night. :bbq:

My usual mishmash of projects. Starting to restore the wood on an old fibreglass canoe. Hoping to finish in two weeks. I am replacing all the wooden parts - gunwales, inwales, thwarts, seats, deck and transom (it's a Y-stern canoe with a transom for a small motor.) And my daughter that I made the salt and pepper shakers for wants a pepper mill.

Carol, the new smilies weren't my doing. I'm blaming Brent and/or Darren. :five:

After a couple of weeks practicing along with YouTube videos, tonight is my first official rehearsal with The Electric Edric Project. I'm filling in for Edric, who is still recovering from a motorcycle crash over a month ago. (He spoke for the first time this week. :thumb:) All the members of the band are friends. The keyboardist and I are brothers from a different mother -- we played together for years back in the 1980s -- and the singer is not only gorgeous and a great singer, she's a true sweetheart and I'm great friends with both her and her husband. I've sat in with the band to play one or two songs several times at their gigs, but this is the first I've had to learn entire set lists with the intention of playing a show. We have tonight's rehearsal, plus one more next Tuesday night, before we play two shows at a big motorcycle rally in Colorado next Friday and Saturday. Definitely flying by the seat of my pants, since a lot of the material is still pretty new to me and it features the guitar pretty prominently. It'll either be a great gig, or a trainwreck of epic proportions. Either way, it'll be a fun weekend in and around Durango CO with good friends. :D :guitar:

The rest of the weekend is looking like a combination of catching up on sleep, and continuing to work on songs. I've also got a few local musical acts I plan to check out as time permits.

Oh, and later today I'm going to swing by the used guitar store and see if they still have one particular guitar for sale. If they do, and if it's playable, I think it's going to follow me home. My wife saw a photo of it, and for the first time ever, she's encouraging me to buy a guitar. It's a guitar that only a manly man could play. I guarantee it'll make my bandmates (and audiences) laugh (or perhaps cringe). :D More to come later if it happens... ;)

Tonight nada. Tomorrow weather permitting the wife, girl and I will ride our bikes downtown for some breakfast at Mullets. Tomorrow night we have plans to go with friends for dinner. Sunday I hope to spend in the shop/garage finishing something...anything...it's been to long. :eek:

IM going to detox myself from working with pressure treated pine tomorrow. I never realized how much I hate working with it until I stopped working with it.
Have to make a few Adirondack sets, so Ive been cutting dimensional lumber and rounding over like a madman.
ech!
movie night at my sons house tomorrow night, he told me his girlfriends entire family will be there, who knows, maybe they have an announcement?

Tonight nada. Tomorrow weather permitting the wife, girl and I will ride our bikes downtown for some breakfast at Mullets. Tomorrow night we have plans to go with friends for dinner. Sunday I hope to spend in the shop/garage finishing something...anything...it's been to long. :eek:

This Mullets place looks like a good time. Friday fish fry and a veiw to boot.

Looks like a real fun place. :)

This Mullets place looks like a good time. Friday fish fry and a veiw to boot.

Looks like a real fun place. :)

It is a fun place...kid friendly until about 7pm or so too! It's within 1/2 of the confluence of 3 bike trails too so they get lots of business when it's nice outside. Right across the river from our AAA baseball stadium too. College sports and NFL are big for them in winter.

Today was spent unpacking and setting up my new lathe, the PSI 12" VS unit with extension bed. I'll do a review after I have a chance to check it more thoroughly, but so far so good.

Saturday will be some shop time, then chill out and let the old bones catch up. LLWS in the afternoon. The Bristol night race in the evening, of course.

Sunday should involve some sleeping in, which for me means 8am! Then whip up some breakfast and spend some time in the shop before LLWS final comes on.

well after having a long delivery i had to set down and have a stiif drink.. the twins are now home and i had several nerve racking twitches on the drive over here.. gonna try and get a gander at ken cooks gitar and shoot the breeze with him for a bit..:) looks like a sat drive by ken..

Yard work, the weeds are beating me down this year :thud:

Thankfully I should have an early release with the Ambassador stopping by. Hopefully he'll be in a barley pop mood and I won't have to get back at the weeds after he's moved on...the wife won't let me drink & weed, what can I say they all look like weeds to me ;)

Other than that, just more guitar work, getting so close now I can almost hear the music :guitar:

Work tonight and tomorrow, not sure how many days I have off coming up, but the shop area is in desperate need of cleaning :cry:

Yard work, the weeds are beating me down this year :thud:

Thankfully I should have an early release with the Ambassador stopping by. Hopefully he'll be in a barley pop mood and I won't have to get back at the weeds after he's moved on...the wife won't let me drink & weed, what can I say they all look like weeds to me ;)

Other than that, just more guitar work, getting so close now I can almost hear the music :guitar:

Im sure there wont be much arm twisting.