Part of a larger Carving

Very realistic. I'd be tempted to (TRY) staining the turtle green and black and the bear

darker brown than the background, but I'm not sure if would improve it, or just ruin the feel of it.

Have you ever done any coloring like that?

Great job Roy, it is good to see other carvers here. Carving fur is something that I've never done, I must give it a try sometime. I look forward to see the whole piece.

Beautiful rendering. That turtle looks like lunch for the bear!

Only if the Client would let me

I too have pieces that the patrons do not want publicly shown. I always took this as a matter of course but, have wondered if other members get these requests. Some folks like their custom pieces to be theirs unless they choose to share them. I have learned to always ask permission before posting :thumb:.

Last edited:
Beautiful rendering. That turtle looks like lunch for the bear!

I too have pieces that the patrons do not want publicly shown. I always took this as a matter of course but, have wondered if other members get these requests. Some folks like their custom pieces to be theirs unless they choose to share them. I have learned to always ask permission before posting :thumb:.

That's what my clients expect an they come back to me for a lot of things to be made, an they bring me new clients also