Putting up some siding & Going (homemade) Solar!

Ned,

Finally we won't have to see "Tyvek" every time you post pics of your shop! LOLOLOLOL!

Good to see you are making progress. I followed your original construction post with lots of interest.

Greg

Tony, yes I'll be caulking all of the joints. I ran out of my quart of paint and daylight about the same time. I'll pick up another quart tomorrow (and another disposable brush or two). I also have to pick up some window screening to use as the 'target' for the solar wall. I'm going to rework the right half of the doorway, next warm day. Initially though, I'll get that framed in section completed. I have to cut several air holes, hang the plastic and it will be good to go.
ran out of light.jpg

So, I'm missing something, How is it going to be 'solar'?

The wall painted black will warm up and that will warm the shop?

Or is there something else that will be going on?

Thanks Carol!

I think he must be going for one of the ones that has some kind of tubes that heat up and recycle the cold air passively?

Our master bedroom has some huge windows in it that face 'mostly' south. They do a great job of warming up the bedroom during the day in the winter. I don't think we've ever run the heater in that room the whole time we've lived here.

Thanks Carol!

I think he must be going for one of the ones that has some kind of tubes that heat up and recycle the cold air passively?

Our master bedroom has some huge windows in it that face 'mostly' south. They do a great job of warming up the bedroom during the day in the winter. I don't think we've ever run the heater in that room the whole time we've lived here.

Brent, what do you do to prevent overheating in the Summer?

Ned, I have been watching your progress. Good going.

Enjoy,
JimB