Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Up Comming Class here at Whispering Woods

Up Comming Class here at Whispering Woods

Hi everyone, I'm going to be doing a 2 day relief carving class here in the shop for anyone wanting to learn relief carving or just wants to try it, Cost of class here is $45.00 that is for all the materials for this class, if you have carving tools already its cheaper.

I'm also thinking about doing here on the forum at no cost but I want members to protisapation in it not just follow along an comment. yon can pick up the materials. I'm talking about bass wood from Michaels or Hobby Lobby an even at Wal-Mart an carving tools from Woodcraft or craft store that sell them
    So what you guys think for the forum here
    If I do this you will need to post pictures as you go

Sorry Canny Spell
    https://www.facebook.com/BgCouger

If you are going to make something nice, make it with a statement, use quality an do it right the first time

Class is Starts September 27 10:00 am to 5:00 pm an September 28 11:00 am to 5:30 pm

If you are going to make something nice, make it with a statement, use quality an do it right the first time

The forum idea sounds like fun. I'd join in.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I am up for this have the carving tools and wood ready to go.
    cheers

I will be using the KIS method for this class so anyone can do this together I just want to see pictures as we go

only carving tools you will need is just basic ones, they don't need to be expensive I use Japanese ones on the bass wood. Here is what I recommend using for bass wood you can get it ay Wal-Mart or Michaels or if you have any 4/4 bass will work to

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	85283

So far only 2 people wants to do this is there anyone else ??

So far
    Bob Gibson
    Rob Keeble

Do you need a formal statement of intent for something other than agreed upon accountability via pictures? No lurkers allowed? How will this work?

Also, what is the time frame/commitment? I have carving tools and even some bass wood somewhere, but I am totally unclear about this.

So I can't say I'm in - and I can't say I am not.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    Do you need a formal statement of intent for something other than agreed upon accountability via pictures? No lurkers allowed? How will this work?

Also, what is the time frame/commitment? I have carving tools and even some bass wood somewhere, but I am totally unclear about this.

So I can't say I'm in - and I can't say I am not.
    No this is a teaching thread there is no time limits all I ask just show how you are doing, I'm hopeing this will encourage others to want to learn something simple, this is just a basic relief carving for beginner's. Some are going to be fast, some slow. I don't care if it takes a year to do. I'm am going to encourage others to make comments an hoping others that carve to jump in to. I'm just going to show how I do it, there is others in the forum that can help an be Mentors for everyone that want to learn something new
    I will be also be doing a basic Inlay course an a Intarsia course an Marquetry course over the year. Hoping everyone can use the courses to enhance there projects in the long run

Maybe a class area would help so the threads can be found easy, I also think this will bring in more participations to the forum

OK at a year I can likely make that happen

I'm in, but I can't promise I'll use the exact same wood told our follow your lead exactly . My relief carving skills could use a bit of work though so I'm happy to take what I can get.