Selling my car - SOLD

Actually, Leo, it is the state of Arizona as my car is registered there currently. Not sure what California does yet. But out here in the wild, wild west, you gotta expect the craziest. Scam country for sure.

Ha, this reminded me of a long{sorry} story...a few months ago[June} I get a phone call from some guy asking me if I was the guy that sold a Starcraft boat, motor and trailer to a fella in Ohio. I said yeah might be me, but that transaction was 4 years ago. He goes on about how he was that buyer and that he needed me to get another copy of the registration and a new bill of sale, as he had lost his copy of the reg and Ohio wouldn't honor the bill of sale as I hadn't put his name on the paper.

While he's rambling, I connect my external Hard drive and find the folder with the B.O.S & reg. Anyways he passed my verification questions {name , date of sale, price etc.} and being the nice guy that I am{lol} I'd be willing to go thru the trouble as I've been down that road of title transfers myself. I ask him to call me back in 10 minutes so I can call and find out current pricing. When he calls I told him it would total $100.00, 45 for the paper work and the rest for my troubles. He went off on a rant on what a dirty S.O.B. I am etc. etc....I started laughing and he snapped back asking what's so damn funny. I said you are, as of right this moment I'm still the legal owner and if he didn't believe me he could call his states D.O.T. and that I could be there to pick it up in an hour and a half or so...Changed his tune quick.

So then he has the gall to tell me, I'm sorry, I'll get a check to you as soon as I get the transfer completed. Wrong! I told him he would get the proper paperwork once his check cleared my bank..He sent a money order and I mailed his papers 3 days later. :D

What's so scary is that he could of killed someone or damaged someones boat, or dock or...and I would of been responsible. And I would of had no recourse as I hadn't notified my states secretary that I had sold the package...

This WAS a PSA>>>>CY behind! :thumb:

Nice young couple with new baby on the way. Met at the church. How's that for neutral! $50 more than my bottom line. Transfer appointment Wednesday morning at DMV.

:woot:

@Darren: Too true! Much more mental clarity lately. Three biggies in three weeks. Bike - gone. Book - off the table. Car - sold. Today its working on taxes. Have to be to the CPA by next Monday. Next biggie is finishing the estate planning. I ain't getting any younger and I don't want to leave a mess behind. This week is also supposed to be the next big step with the lot.

Life is so much fun. NOT! :rolleyes:

Congrats and I bet you like the fact that the car is going to a family that will appreciate the car and it will provide them with safe, sound transportation.

Cheers!