The book

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Many of you know that I had embarked on a project to write another woodworking book. I had a partner and a team of 4 to try things out as I wrote them.

Yesterday my partner and I had a long discussion about the completion of the project and then the life promoting it after it was done. The consensuses was that neither of us have a passion for the on-going promotion of the project beyond its completion. The ROI on simply preparing it and tossing it out there was non-existant.

So we pulled the plug. The project is no more. Life goes on. Each of us has passions in other areas that are more deserving of our time and effort at this point in our lives. And it was time that was the main issue. It is not something that we can save to use later, like money, or jams and jelly for winter.

Thanks for your help and encouragement to this point. Now I will finish cleaning up a couple of saws and peddle them to someone else with a need. Gonna keep the Timberline saw as a job site saw for the house.

But the book project has been retired.

Sorry to hear that Carol, I am sure that the time to promote such an endeavor is no small issue, let alone the time and energy it takes to get everything together to actually go to press.
Now you can concentrate full time getting your roots planted, so you can grow and flourish in your new surroundings. Who knows, perhaps later you will have a hankering to give it a try again.

Mildly dissapointed from purely selfish reasons :D but I can certainly understand why you'd do this.

I think we'll all just mentally file the book as defered for the meantime in hopes that you end up with more free time post-house, new shop, etc..

Mildly dissapointed from purely selfish reasons :D but I can certainly understand why you'd do this.

I think we'll all just mentally file the book as defered for the meantime in hopes that you end up with more free time post-house, new shop, etc..

Ditto.

Having just finished a big, somewhat unplanned, project and more to do on the backlog I truly understand.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Actually Bob, each of my projects gets some attention each day. The problem is the book would have had to take a disproportionate time AFTER it was completed. And that's what did not work out for us. Now I get to rearrange my schedule some to give each project a little more time - and not take on anymore projects for a long while.

carol i think that you made the right decision.. you need to concentrate on more important things and not stretch your self out so far..time is short and you only have so many chances for a milk shake rather than sour milk.

Life is change and we all must adapt to circumstances and take decisions, even if we don't like them. I'm pretty sure that more projects are awaiting you in the future, so turn the page and concentrate on your priorities.