A couple of items from Dad

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Turns out my parents stopped by while I was out today. I came home to a wooden box and a book I somewhat recognized sitting on the counter.
2014-08-31 20.43.10.jpg

Didn't know what was in the box, but surprised to find these. Spoke to Dad tonight and he said he bought them before he and mom got married, he thought 1955. He used them mostly for drilling the plunger on doors. He said he mostly used 1" or 7/8", but wasn't sure if many of the bits ever got used. The box is in rough shape, which is why he gave them to me as he figured I could either fix it or make a new one...well that and I have the brace for them.
2014-08-31 14.35.23.jpg

The book my dad carried on the floor board of his truck when he was building houses, used to calculate rafter lengths, great book. I actually picked up a copy of it a few years back to have on hand.
2014-08-31 14.35.34.jpg

Also got a box of fresh tomatoes from my sister's garden, so thinking about what to make with them this week.

That's cool. Nice to see stuff like this staying in the family and that looks like a nice set of bits. Not sure what I'd do about the box, there's something kind of cool about having the original.

Added the book to the reading list :D

Build a new box, and keep the old one, too. If you ever decide to sell the bit set - or pass it on to the next generation - the original box will be more collectable.