Clouds from the Left Coast

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
If you see clouds billowing from the west, it may not be Mother Nature.

"Is this car for you? And you're buying it all by yourself?"

:gonnagetit:

Well we haven't had a vehicle payment since about 1988.

Cars are now priced way above what they are worth. We refuse to be a slave to a financier just to have a vehicle.

If I needed it I probable would have purchased your used car & paid cash for it & been very happy.

Sorry I misunderstood your post.

Last edited:
Ha! They have no idea who they're dealing with. :D

pity-the-fool.jpg

So today I finally figure out a response. "Only if you won't pay for it for me."

Caught me off guard. Thought we had gotten past that.

I love you dearly, guys, but the bigger gene pool needs cleaning.

Well, it does sort out the dealers who don't need my money.

Bart I don't think I would admit that. Reminds me of 84 when my wife went van shoppong while I was working. They told her to bring the hubby into get a price. She told tbem that if she didn't have a price the hubby wouldn't be in at all.

Bart I don't think I would admit that. Reminds me of 84 when my wife went van shoppong while I was working. They told her to bring the hubby into get a price. She told tbem that if she didn't have a price the hubby wouldn't be in at all.

Garry

I have nothing against ladies buying cars houses or anything else.
For the LOML & I buying cars on time isn't worth it. We prefer paying less & paying cash & no monthly payments. So far it's worked great.

Bart, paying cash and buying with no financing have nothing to do with a salesman who doesn't think a female is capable of buying a car by herself. Financing was never mentioned in Carol's post. :huh:

Financing was never part of the picture. And even if it were, it would not be through the dealer. Talk about double ending a deal!

The dealer with the lower offer was talking about a different model. Don't they call that bait & switch?

Lastest is, our dealership only deals from the MSRP. Really! FROM the MSRP. You want more? Get real.

Amazing to have a comment like that in 2014. What rock did this company crawl out from.
You got to wonder how guys like this stay in business.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The run around your getting is why I let others do that for me. Costco and my credit union as well as a couple other places that wanted to loan me the money. Costo price beat them all. As far as financing I figure that .8 percent for 36 months is better than paying cash. Hopefully I can return more than that on the cash. Thats right USAA was .8 of 1 percent and that beats paying cash as far as I can see.

I looked at a Fit and also ba Civic if you haven't tested a newer Civic I strongly recomend trying one. Lots more car for a couple of thosand. Wish we were closer and I'd ask what kind of bike your selling. Just got my permit this am.....

Makes one want to bring up eugenics when dealing with them. (not just car salesmen) I am cynical enough, I probably would be saying something like "let me get channel x and the ACLU on the phone while you repeat that".

Never bought new, and with only one exception, I can't forsee doing it in the future. The one exception, is the Elio, but I will believe it, when I see it.

Sort of one of those reworked hot rods with 400HP under the hood and a rumble seat in the back, Larry? Bet Vaughn could find a graphic! :rofl:

I just wish the 400HP was more than fancy valve covers and macho decals. This 'motor' could use a tuneup! :thud: