Hey Brent Dowell

So, how many days until Thanksgiving?...it is 83, you don't have to look it up.

But I have the perfect solution. Facebook fans have opted that we get a pool table instead of a foosball table for the game room side of the great room to go with your juke box. But, I say here's the best option for the dining table and will still leave room for a foosball table...(there goes my dream of the traditional Victorian style decorations...guess I'll be settling for old fashioned saloon style :rofl:)

Apparently they make dining table tops for pool tables, now days:

dining_top_glenwood_1.jpg

And since we never use the dining table unless company comes, we can also have ping pong fun

table_tennis_convotop_hero_1.jpg

What do you say?

:beer: :woot: :highfive: :salute:

That's firing all 8 cylinders perfectly! 10 hours to your house. Now to check out flights....can't let the Burrs have all the fun.

Last edited:
It does make you wonder if you're sacrificing anything on the pool table side.. which is clearly (from a strictly objective and logical perspective) the most important aspect of the whole thing.

Sharon, you could go for Victorian saloon :D Or just go all in.. I can't think of a better response than what Mr Frizell already did :D

Love it, Ryan

OK, pool table is back in the game area (but still going with the ping pong optional top). Foosball for the dining table and we can still make Brent make the dining top for that...he'll also have to make the chairs :thumb:

I grew up with a pool table on our back patio...while I don't claim to be an expert like Carol...I sense a tournament coming soon (well after we actually quit talking and pull the trigger) :)

I can also get these matching accessories:

colonial_pub_shelf_corner_preview.jpgcolonial_pub_shelf_half_round_preview.jpg

Ooh not sure about the chair thing... I mean it sounds like a good idea at first but then eventually after five or six years you really end up just wanting something to sit on...

well sharon i think this is the best solution for your needs, and could be there in time for this years dinner.. you can just take the maple and use it for smoking or in the fire pit for grilling on the fire...still get some use out of it..:)

Here's a few more ideas for you both...lots of options to play with, built in storage and the last one is if the bobcat breaks down Brent still can play. :D

Attachments

• 20-in-1_multi_game_table_225.jpg
    20-in-1_multi_game_table_225.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 644458_443920629027046_152499119_n.jpg
    644458_443920629027046_152499119_n.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 376-340x215.jpg
    376-340x215.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 22
You get a pool table, I might just have to arrange another trip to Reno. :D I am, after all, a member of a drinking team with a pool problem. :beer:

I cant believe you guys are still harassing brent over that thanksgiving table build.
give the guy a break.
chairs................like the song goes Sharon, in the year 2525......

I cant believe you guys are still harassing brent over that thanksgiving table build.
give the guy a break..

Speaking only for myself, its a poorly done cover for my own inadequacies in the same general direction. I think psychologically speaking its called "projection". The number of pieces for parts around here is depressing.

Speaking only for myself, its a poorly done cover for my own inadequacies in the same general direction. I think psychologically speaking its called "projection". The number of pieces for parts around here is depressing.

opposite for me. I have this thing laid out taking up my entire shop, trying to make my son his work station desks and lay it all out so I can knock it down and transport to his home, take it up the stairs. etc....working against the clock, want to get it done, and stained before I leave on the 17th so the stain can cure before spraying..
I have chairs cut and sitting on shelves waiting to be put together next week, a few small turning projects either drying or waiting for poly.
I received my incra 5000 sled and only got to play with it a bit since I just have too many things going on at once and I want them all out of my shop within a few weeks

couldn't do anything this week, was strapped down with my infusions

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: