Thread: A $2,800 Box!?!?

Humid Gulf Coast

A $2,800 Box!?!?

Just throwing this up here for some food for thought.

I know a lot of you guys like to build small boxes, and are very good at it.

Here is small cigar box covered in Crock/gator skin that lists for $2,800.

I guess if you've got $50 or so per cigar to burn up, a $2,800 box is good home for them.

The high end ones I've seen are made of Rosewood with 1/2 Spanish Cedar liner for the cigars,

and close like a refrigerator. Meaning real tight. Air tight when you drop the heavy lid.

A guy could probably make 10 of these in a weekend, and if he had some sales ability

sell the lot wholesale to a Cigar outfit, or maybe online. That would be a nice chunk of

change for a little bit of work. Although I'm not sure there is much of a market for

$2,800 cigar holders-lol.

To me, this color of gator skin looks very handsom, maybe I'll build one for myself???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaa.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	85764
    Last edited by Scott R Smith; 09-10-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    Oh yes there IS a market for a $2800 cigar box.

Gaining access to that demographic market - well that is the issue.

They don't shop on or ebay

St. Mary's, Georgia
    I had a Jewelry box sell for over $10,000.00 at private auction an the jewelry box went to a young 8 year old girl with cancer in the UK an it was simple Box to so I'm not surprised at all
    Here is a picture of the box

If you are going to make something nice, make it with a statement, use quality an do it right the first time

Thomasville, GA
    Scott, that's a heck of a box, for sure! Worth every penny to the right client.

Auctions are not a way to place value. For instance, Rick Hendrick donated $1million for the right to purchase the first 2014 Corvette Z06. The million went to cancer research. He still had to fork over $80,000 to buy the car when it came off the production line.
    Last edited by Bill Arnold; 09-10-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.