Has Anyone Seen This??

Litigation Nation is right. How many states will try the same trick....and will Lowe's cave in all of them or will they change product descriptions nationwide now, to preempt?

All spoons must be labeled clearly as to which side is to face "up" following a 5 bazillion dollar judgement levied by a jury of someone's peers. Failure to follow direction may result in soiled clothing, wasted food and an increase in job opportunities for floor moppers (currently making $37.50 thanks to the economy-saving increase in minimum wage).

Its things like this that make me understand why everyone thinks Californians are crazy. We're really not; its all those out-of-staters that moved here to catch a few rays, ended up unemployed since there's not much job opportunity without a solid skillset so, they do jury duty since they haven't got anything better to do :saythat: :rofl:

Last edited:
I refurbished a small equestrain stable originaly built in the 1880's or so. It had actual 2x4 lumber in some areas.

It also had planks on the roof 1 inch thick by over 24 inches wide.

When was the last time a 2x4 was 2x4? Probably over 100 years ago.

Marin County, Calif-- Who got all the money I wonder?

My goodness. Before I opened that link, I really thought I had lost the capacity to be surprised at random acts of stupidity.

Apologies to those who still truly love California, but I'm looking forward to seeing it in my rear-view mirror for the last time soon. I'll be glad to visit, but I've lost my desire to be a resident again. It's actually a beautiful place, but it's just got too many problems (and people) attached to it.

But where will I go to get my 1 1/2's by 3 1/2's ?

That judge may have been educated, but he certainly lacks intelligence.

Apologies to those who still truly love California, but I'm looking forward to seeing it in my rear-view mirror for the last time soon. I'll be glad to visit, but I've lost my desire to be a resident again. It's actually a beautiful place, but it's just got too many problems (and people) attached to it.
Vaughn, i second what you said. When my parent moved our family there in the 50's it was the prosised land but i have no regrets about leaving. I have many friends there and will visit but glad to be no longer a resident.

The sadness is not so much that a truly uninformed stupid decision was made by a supposedly educated man, but that all of us will have to pay more at the cash registered every time one of these stupid lawsuits prevail. And that's not just in California. We all pay.

I love it here and am happy to be living here. I have also learned stupidity is not the sole domain of California. Make fun as you will, but remember the broom on your own doorstep. Californians just get more publicity.

The sadness is not so much that a truly uninformed stupid decision was made by a supposedly, educated man.........

Quotation-George-Orwell-ideas-Meetville-Quotes-51480.jpg

More and more i am begging to think it is all of us who find this stupid who are actually the problem. We have collectively failed to ensure that the individuals we elect to positions of responsibility are worthy of the position and trust we place in them.

I find it almost impossible to get my peanut brain around the very idea never mind fact that a sitting judge would even entertain such a ridiculous notion.

But friends having seen such gross miscarridge of justice in my past, i have not been able to personally come to a decision in my own mind as to the pros and cons of civil litigation. We never had it in SA unless you funded it yourself. Our lawyers until coming of true democracy were not allowed to litigate on the basis of contingency. Therefore no justice or accountability for 99% of the citizens.
But this case to me is a case of the pendulum going so far the other way, all common sense has been lost and that on the part of individuals you would expect know better. Oy Vey.

As a joke though i would have preffered they nail Home Depot :) lol....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk