Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! 9/12/2014 Edition

It's Friday! 9/12/2014 Edition

Tomorrow we've got a wine festival we're attending tomorrow. Sunday I'll hopefully be kegging some cider and maybe making some seltzer water in another keg for mixing with flavors. Need to get humping on some shop cleanup and start on a couple of high chairs also. Other than that just watching the grandson.

What's everyone else got going?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

the buddy I grew up with is celebrating his 60th at a Japanese/sushi restaurant tomorrow night, and while I don't eat sushi, Ill be attending.
    seems like he invited all the people we went to high school with, so it will be like a reunion.(hes the first in our group to hit 60, we all hit it later this year or next year)

other than that, stuff is drying from stain in the shop, so I wont be in there, and its football on sunday.(not playing, just watching)
    Human Test Dummy

Tonight I'm finishing a maple slab table for a friend who has scored me quite a bit of free wood. The table is some of the wood he found for me. His birthday was last week and his wife is having a suprise party for him tomorrow night. Tomorrow heading to the woodturners meeting at the Woodsmith Store's seminar room. Then watching the Iowa v Iowa State football game with friends. Going to birthday party after the game and hopefully home for an early night. Sunday pack for a work trip to vegas monday morning thru thursday. Will be my first time there...going with my boss who's been there a dozen times. Should be a good time...hopefully I come home with more $$ than I left with.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

LOML started her day in the shop with me this morning, working on stripping paint from the sewing cabinet she bought at a yard sale. I'm working on a picture frame to hold two painted ceramic tiles we got in Grand Cayman a few years ago.

Saturday will be a little shop time on the frame as well as a pen or two.

Sunday should be the usual routine, which means not much of anything!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Working the day job all weekend.

Monday,maybe, some sawdust time. Picked up the plywood yesterday for the trays for the file cabs. Gonna give the iBox jig a whirl.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Taking some foreign visitors to Cape Breton Island. Sightseeing, local food, maybe a ceilidh and participating in the Hike the Highlands festival.

Free wood Friday!

Was out walking the dogs Wednesday and ran into a neighbour with some Peach and Maple freshly down so heading up there this evening to see what we can salvage (I KNEW I should have followed the sound of the chainsaw last weekend!). Haven't actually seen any of it yet but the maple sounds like it might be decent sized and I'll take Peach in whatever size it is.

I've got a pile of maple sitting just outside my shop. I've managed to borrow a chainsaw from some friends and I'll be cutting that up into turning blanks, applying some oops paint and stacking it up near my lathe. Other than that, I've got several cutting board blanks to plane, cut etc... and I have to work part of the weekend.

I'll be heading to VA to see my folks midweek, and I swapped a shift so I can make the trip. Work safe y'all!
    -Ned

More packing and purging for me. I've got most of the smaller shop stuff packed, but still have to tackle a bunch of stuff in the house. We're not actually moving everything out to NM until the middle of next month, but I'm flying back to ABQ on Sunday and leaving the rest of the packing with my wife for now. Oh, and she has decided to speed up her timetable and is now planning to join me in NM once the house sale closes.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

That's great news Vaughn! (the wife moving sooner, not the packing). Now get back to packing!!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website