It's Friday! 9/12/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Tomorrow we've got a wine festival we're attending tomorrow. Sunday I'll hopefully be kegging some cider and maybe making some seltzer water in another keg for mixing with flavors. Need to get humping on some shop cleanup and start on a couple of high chairs also. Other than that just watching the grandson.

What's everyone else got going?

the buddy I grew up with is celebrating his 60th at a Japanese/sushi restaurant tomorrow night, and while I don't eat sushi, Ill be attending.
seems like he invited all the people we went to high school with, so it will be like a reunion.(hes the first in our group to hit 60, we all hit it later this year or next year)

other than that, stuff is drying from stain in the shop, so I wont be in there, and its football on sunday.(not playing, just watching)

Tonight I'm finishing a maple slab table for a friend who has scored me quite a bit of free wood. The table is some of the wood he found for me. His birthday was last week and his wife is having a suprise party for him tomorrow night. Tomorrow heading to the woodturners meeting at the Woodsmith Store's seminar room. Then watching the Iowa v Iowa State football game with friends. Going to birthday party after the game and hopefully home for an early night. Sunday pack for a work trip to vegas monday morning thru thursday. Will be my first time there...going with my boss who's been there a dozen times. Should be a good time...hopefully I come home with more $$ than I left with. :)

LOML started her day in the shop with me this morning, working on stripping paint from the sewing cabinet she bought at a yard sale. I'm working on a picture frame to hold two painted ceramic tiles we got in Grand Cayman a few years ago.

Saturday will be a little shop time on the frame as well as a pen or two.

Sunday should be the usual routine, which means not much of anything!

Working the day job all weekend.

Monday,maybe, some sawdust time. Picked up the plywood yesterday for the trays for the file cabs. Gonna give the iBox jig a whirl.

Free wood Friday!

Was out walking the dogs Wednesday and ran into a neighbour with some Peach and Maple freshly down so heading up there this evening to see what we can salvage (I KNEW I should have followed the sound of the chainsaw last weekend!). Haven't actually seen any of it yet but the maple sounds like it might be decent sized and I'll take Peach in whatever size it is.

I've got a pile of maple sitting just outside my shop. I've managed to borrow a chainsaw from some friends and I'll be cutting that up into turning blanks, applying some oops paint and stacking it up near my lathe. Other than that, I've got several cutting board blanks to plane, cut etc... and I have to work part of the weekend.

I'll be heading to VA to see my folks midweek, and I swapped a shift so I can make the trip. Work safe y'all!

More packing and purging for me. I've got most of the smaller shop stuff packed, but still have to tackle a bunch of stuff in the house. We're not actually moving everything out to NM until the middle of next month, but I'm flying back to ABQ on Sunday and leaving the rest of the packing with my wife for now. Oh, and she has decided to speed up her timetable and is now planning to join me in NM once the house sale closes. :thumb:

Ripping out the tomatoes and beans to make room for the kale, collards, broccoli,cauliflower, beets etc. Going to slice up a couple of big sweetgum rounds that have been spalting in the driveway to see if there is any useable wood in them...I let them sit too long and they look punky.

Friday is gone , Saturday is gone But what a great day. Jarrod came down to Va and helped me sure up 4 tree stands. On the way home we stopped at a lil country store where Phil the owner had a full rack of the most tasteful BBQ rack of ribs waiting for us with his own dry rub and macaroni salid to go with it. We were stuffed , which made for a relaxing drive home.
To a ride to OC for the day.