Shhhhhhh...

Still tinkering....

had a spare marker collecting dust...
Pic 1.jpg
so I gave it a make-over...and put it to work...hard to see in the pix, but that's an exacto blade doing the cutting, the push-pin acts as a stop so the blade doesn't spin back, and the extra block is for blade support, not sure if it was needed, but added 'just because' :D
Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

I also added a walnut ring to the inside of the sound-hole as well, as seen in the 'top bracing' photo below...
Pic 4.jpg

Also finished the bracing on the back & top pieces...
Pic 5.jpg

Pic 6.jpg

And then attached the top and flush trimmed it to the body...
Pic 7.jpg

Currently waiting on delivery of the truss rod{UPS says tomorrow 'Thurs'}, so I can continue with the neck. Here it is heel & all, laminated and in standing-by mode...
Pic 8.jpg

and that's it for this time. I started the edge binding on the top last night, no photos yet as it's still a mystery to me as to how it came out :eek::D

Starting to look rather guitarish in shape :thumb:

We'll continue to hope that you don't have another Falò delle vanità event!

How are you deciding on the strut layout? I've read some on it but its still a bit of a mystery and seems sort of a "parts, knowledge" thing than and exact science :huh:

Thanks guys :)

How are you deciding on the strut layout?.......

No decisions here. I'm just going with a somewhat standard X brace and the rest I laid out for joint support, being there is 5 pieces making up the top. The shaping of each brace is for weight savings, or so I've read. There are so many thoughts on bracing, from placement, to shape, height, species etc. etc...enough to make my head spin. Figure my old ears probably couldn't tell one difference from another, and besides, that's what FX{<effects lol} & editing are for :D.... and as a final thought, I've read so many conflicting theories that I've shut them out so I can just enjoy the build, and hopefully the results ;)

Well, I decided on going with a bolt-on neck, I figure if the whole thing doesn't explode when I string 'er up, that maybe someday I'll make a twelve string neck to fool around with.
Pic 001.jpg Pic 002.jpg
Pic 003.jpg

Almost done with the binding, just the one section left to dry over-night. And since I forgot to sign the inside, I added a little stamp patch on the back...it'll do I guess.
Pic 005.jpg Pic 004.jpg
Pic 006.jpg Pic 007.jpg

Did a little inlay on the headstock...eagle/seagull/birdgull :dunno::D
Pic 008.jpgPic 009.jpg Pic 010.jpg

couple more shots in a moment or three....

Last edited: