Thread: Computer Question

Computer Question

Before I head out to get some real work done, I decided to post a computer question, hoping some one can tell me what is up with my computer. For the past week or so, I have been having this problem. When I click on my toolbar, like my book mark tool bar, where I should have "drop downs" I have to click it several time to get the drop down menu to stay so I can select the item I want. When I click on the the "back" arrow, it will do back two pages instead of one, I have to click the forward arrow then the back arrow a couple times to get back one page. The whole thing is acting goofy. I don't know if it is a mouse problem or a system problem or what.

I have Windows 8.1, and use Firefox. Any suggestions?
    "We the People ......"

My first reaction is that you are having a mouse problem. I have multiple mice, so I know what my first test would be.

If your mouse button is getting flaky, it could be double clicking when you think you did a single click. A double click would open and immediately close the drop down menus. Double back page is also a sign of double clicking.

Some of the response to mouse single/double click occurs in the operating software, so if you haven't rebooted lately, that might fix it.
    Charlie Plesums, Austin Texas
    (Retired early to become a custom furnituremaker)
    Lots of my free advice at www.solowoodworker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Douglass View Post
    Before I head out to get some real work done, I decided to post a computer question, hoping some one can tell me what is up with my computer. For the past week or so, I have been having this problem. When I click on my toolbar, like my book mark tool bar, where I should have "drop downs" I have to click it several time to get the drop down menu to stay so I can select the item I want. When I click on the the "back" arrow, it will do back two pages instead of one, I have to click the forward arrow then the back arrow a couple times to get back one page. The whole thing is acting goofy. I don't know if it is a mouse problem or a system problem or what.

I have Windows 8.1, and use Firefox. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Plesums View Post
    My first reaction is that you are having a mouse problem. I have multiple mice, so I know what my first test would be.

If your mouse button is getting flaky, it could be double clicking when you think you did a single click. A double click would open and immediately close the drop down menus. Double back page is also a sign of double clicking.

Some of the response to mouse single/double click occurs in the operating software, so if you haven't rebooted lately, that might fix it.
    I've been having similar problems on mine... never thought about the mouse... I'll have to check that out... I just thought the computers were trying to take over our brains.....
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

I'm with Charlie...my first suspect would be the mouse.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Also try replacing the batteries in your wireless mouse. Low batteries cause strange things to happen.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed