Online Carving class

Thanks Lora for the comments.

I have only done limited wood burning.

The most was on this step stool for one of older cats to get up on things. Nothing fancy just all of our past cats.

Project09.jpg

Project12.jpg

Rob

Wood burning is a great way to add shadows to a relief carving, add fine details, and to separate the background from the main elements of the carving. I would suggest that you do a small sample on a scrap of the same wood to determine which temperature settings, pen tips, and fill textures work best before you actually burn your main carving. It is so easy to make your 'mistakes' first on scrap wood then it is to try and correct them on a major carving project as this one.

- Lora

SO right with that statement :) MMMmmm an yes I missed up a nice carving by not following what Lora said :(

Sorry everyone that I was gone for a few weeks but it was the only way to get a few hot Items done, Greg (Instructor of mine for Scrowsaw an Intarsia Passed Away) so had been taken care of emptying out a 3200 foot shop with equipment an still looking for a new building for the Scrowsaw an Intarsia classes in, an finding a new instructor to do most of the classes so I was glad to have a few apprentices want to take over for Greg.

Whispering Woods School is closed down for the winter right now, opening it back up in March 2015 for next years classes, in which most of the classes are booked for 2015 an some booked up to 2016 now. Hoping to start back at my carving tomorrow after I talk to a few people

Roy, Nice job. I am sure your grandson will enjoy it for years to come.

I am still needing to finish up mine. Got way laid into a bunch of O.T. at work before xmas. The MIL (93 years old) roll off the bed last week and cracked her forehead wide open with a 3" gash when her face hit the night stand next to the bed, so we have been taking care of her. Luckily, other than some stitches and a lot of bruises, she is ok. We had to get some hospital stile bedrails for her, so it won't happen again.

She is a tough old lady. She spent over a year in a Nazi concentration camp in WWII, she broke her leg last year, broke her hip in Sept and now this. But she is back up and getting around. I don't think they make them the way they used to.....

Hopefully, I can get back and finish up mine in the next week or so.

Rob

Roy, Nice job. I am sure your grandson will enjoy it for years to come.

I am still needing to finish up mine. Got way laid into a bunch of O.T. at work before xmas. The MIL (93 years old) roll off the bed last week and cracked her forehead wide open with a 3" gash when her face hit the night stand next to the bed, so we have been taking care of her. Luckily, other than some stitches and a lot of bruises, she is ok. We had to get some hospital stile bedrails for her, so it won't happen again.

She is a tough old lady. She spent over a year in a Nazi concentration camp in WWII, she broke her leg last year, broke her hip in Sept and now this. But she is back up and getting around. I don't think they make them the way they used to.....

Hopefully, I can get back and finish up mine in the next week or so.

Rob

Yap she sounds like my Grandma tuff as nails, praying she gets better. Remember there is no time line on the class so take your time an post pictures as you go :thumb:

Still in holding pattern.

MIL was in and out of the hospital since her fall and passed away a little over a week ago. And one of my wife's cousin passed away on Thursday. Been in funeral planning mode. Maybe in a couple of weeks, I can get back on track and finish mine up.