Online Carving class

Looking Sweet Rob, I've been working on both of mine here but stopped for a couple days to make my new carving bench but this is where I'm at right now

Bass 6.jpg

Now I'm going to add to the carving, something to think about here how can you make your Bass bigger that it is? Answer set the back ground smaller or using another item to give the illusion of size I am going incorporate lily pads an a frog into mine on the top the frog will give the illusion of size of the Bass to be bigger. The point of what I'm trying to say is I am setting 2 focal points in this carving

Class 5.jpg

Also I need to drop the back ground some on the rear fin so I can undercut deeper to have the fin flick as in movement

Roy, didn't get chance to take a photo, because I got a late start tonight. I have three lily pads planned above it, two are already cut in and one stem is cut in behind the bass already. I was trying my hand at round river rocks along the bottom before I had to stop.
I will take a photo tomorrow night of my progress. I will try and get back onto the bass and catch up to where you are tomorrow night.

Frog sounds a little challenging. Will it be sitting on the lily pad or will it be "hopping" over it will legs spread out behind it?
Rob

Mines going to be sitting on a Lilly pad when I get started again got to finish a few other projects quickly then I will be back at it. Turning class here Sunday afternoon so little busy but hoping to get an hour or so Saturday

Roy, no problem, there is not a time limit for my sake. If you need to push this to a lower priority for a week or a month, please do what you need to.

Here is where I left it:

Bass05sm.jpg

Looking Sweet there :thumb::thumb: I love the lilies but push back the tops of the lilies back some as you are looking at them side ways some like on an angle, Just waiting on FedEx now, ATF is all ready here to transfer a cat 4 weapon so I can do a carving on it , so like been back in the Navy hurry up an wait :bang:

Going to be working some heavy OT at work the next 2 weeks so I won't be making much progress on the carving. Rob

Well I got this far so far on this one, being working on a few projects for clients an making a prototype carving bench

Bass 7.jpg
Bass 8.jpg
Bass 9.jpg

As you can see I haven't touched the eye yet I.ll be working on it soon thought an starting the lily pads an frog

As some of you know this class is getting done in another forum with Lora Irish helping, when you get a chance visit Lora Irish web site an look at all the pattern she has for such a little cost. Lora is like me an encouraging others to learn another facet in wood working

http://www.lsirish.com/

As some of you know this class is getting done in another forum with Lora Irish helping, when you get a chance visit Lora Irish web site an look at all the pattern she has for such a little cost. Lora is like me an encouraging others to learn another facet in wood working

http://www.lsirish.com/

I have a real problem with you trying to steer people away from Family Woodworking by saying what you did. If you have a problem with the way you've been received here, maybe you need to take a look back at other forums where you've been a member.

Roy, you have a great talent. But, the way you try to use it rubs a lot of people the wrong way!

I have a real problem with you trying to steer people away from Family Woodworking by saying what you did. If you have a problem with the way you've been received here, maybe you need to take a look back at other forums where you've been a member.

Roy, you have a great talent. But, the way you try to use it rubs a lot of people the wrong way!

EXCUSE ME where in the post have I asked anyone to visit another forum, I have been encouraging others to come here. NOW if you have a problem for me having other come to this site then you have the problem an if the Admin needs to sort out, an YES Lora Irish knows about this site an I'm trying to have her come here to. But as it seams that you don't want this site to grow !!!!!!! I don't know this is just your site only by your rules but time to change an grow up some an let the site grow an yes I'm sending this message to Admin also !!!!!!

Roy, I meant to follow along and try this carving but as you know from another conversation -life sometimes just gets in the way. But through your unselfish volunteering of your time it will be available for me and others later. THANK YOU

I would like to say something else- I have known Roy for 3 years- like all of us- he is a little crazy- not as crazy as me or some but touched none the less. He also has a love for the wood and I might add quite a few talents with the medium also.

Now I am new here this year but really do not see that 1. In any way was Roy trying to steal folks away from here. This thread has the most post of any since I have been here. 2. In a classroom such as this thread how referring folks to other available info is in any way a bad thing. 3. I sure hope if I decide to do a build thread-dedicate my time and energy with the hopes of helping another woodworker being my only possible reward that I do not get negative posts. Nothing takes the wind out of my sails faster then such BS. I know Roy will finish this class- cause that is the way it is.
THANKS ROY- I for one appreciate it. And Admin- Sorry for butting in- But if we stay silent wrongs NEVER get righted.

Thank you Mike an yes I will finish this thread, then I will decide if I stay here with this Forum or not. Like all forums they need to grow an bring in people an I haven't talked anyone in leaving this forum just the opposite getting some Pro's here that like to encourage everyone to grow in there hobby. By the way are you still painting that stinking pine into Walnut :rofl: