Sketchup - Where did my materials go?

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I recently recovered from (another) crash where I had to start over from scratch rebuilding my hard drive and reloading all my programs and data. My Sketchup is working fine and all my drawings are recovered, but I am having trouble with the 2D export function. I have a complete drawing on the screen with materials applied, but when I export it to a 2D Graphic I just get a line drawing. Anybody know what setting I need to change to get back to exporting complete drawings?

rennie, possibly the program needs to be relinked to where the materials are located on your hard drive.. i did a search on my setup and under prefernces there is a place where you connect to the various parts of sketchup,, possibly you have broken link there?

Rennie,

Try changing the OpenGL settings under Preferences (Window>Preferences>OpenGL on the PC or SketchUp>Preferences>OpenGL on Mac) and see what you get. Very likely changing the state of Use hardware acceleration will fix it. You'll probably have to make the change, quit SketchUp and reopen it to get the change to take effect. If that doesn't help, drop me an e-mail or a PM.