S E Washington State

Just to document that I can do some physical labor and I do other things besides wood playing. This is my current project. I finished phase one a few minutes ago, time for a break. This section use to have 5 huge arborvitae bushes in it. They were about 15+ feet tall. I removes them a few weeks ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2411.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	86011

I just finish cutting down the 30 or so that were along this stretch. That was phase 1, now I have to haul the cutting off and clean up. I have to contact the power company and ensure where the underground power line is than I start removing the stumps.

Name:	IMG_2412.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	86012

Name:	IMG_2413.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	86013

All these arborvitaes were from plants that came up from seed out of a bush my M-I-L had. She transferred each little start to an can and brought them to me to plant, whether I wanted them or not. That was in 1982.

Other than sore muscles this was my only injury. I did wear safety glasses, but took them off once to wipe the sweat off them, turned around and walked into a pine needle on a tree. Doc, says I will servive.

Name:	IMG_2395.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	86014
    Last edited by Paul Douglass; 09-19-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    "We the People ......"

Billings Missouri near Springfield Mo
    Was looken good right up to that last photo............OUCH
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Delton, Michigan
    well paul i can relate to that.. got nailed by a blue spruce tree while mowing the awn a few weeks back.. cost me 150 dollars to get checked out and bandaid type contact lense..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Yorktown, Virginia
    Finally, proof that a poke in the eye with a sharp stick really hurts. Leave it to Paul to test the theory Sorry for the hurts, Paul. I guess you are not in a hurry to replant? It looks like those trees gave you some privacy. Maybe some other kind of evergreen?