Thread: App For This Site

App For This Site

Is there an app available for this site for an android smart phone ? I did a search on my phone while in the coffee shop this morning but could not find one.
    If not, there is probably another way of adding the site to my folder on my phone that has various WW sites in it .

Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Put the phone down and talk to the person next to you! Oh, wait, you can't he/she is busy texting!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Welcome to the forum William.
    "We the People ......"

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    WOW ! ! .
    I spent a long time trying to set up the tapatalk app but it just kept going on and on about wanting my whole life history and way too much personal stuff and never did into an area where I could use it for saving forums .
    I guess until you guys come up with an app for your forum I will just log in through google .
    It is so easy when sites have their own app to just download it and slide it into its respective folder on the phone's desktop .

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    William, I have Google Chrome as my browser on my Android smart phone and it works fine just as it is no other SW required. BTW welcome to the forum.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    William, I have Google Chrome as my browser on my Android smart phone and it works fine just as it is no other SW required. BTW welcome to the forum.
    The previous post was from my lap top, this one is from my phone.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Don.
    I have SO much to learn about the operation of a smart phone.
    It is a Samsung Galaxy S 3 . As far as browsers go , I don't even know what I am using. Is there a place in settings to find out ? I guess I am using whatever was on it out of the box . Can I put IE on it ? I much prefer IE over other browsers I have tried over the years including chrome . I am fine for texting and emails and searching for stuff with google . I rely 90% on my PC for most of my computing but am still quite limited on a cell phone when it comes to internet stuff.
    The phone sure is handy when not a home for a lot of things so far and I know that will improve eventually .

Quote Originally Posted by William Young View Post
    Don.
    I have SO much to learn about the operation of a smart phone.
    It is a Samsung Galaxy S 3 . As far as browsers go , I don't even know what I am using. Is there a place in settings to find out ? I guess I am using whatever was on it out of the box . Can I put IE on it ? I much prefer IE over other browsers I have tried over the years including chrome . I am fine for texting and emails and searching for stuff with google . I rely 90% on my PC for most of my computing but am still quite limited on a cell phone when it comes to internet stuff.
    The phone sure is handy when not a home for a lot of things so far and I know that will improve eventually .
    There isn't an IE app, but there are several browsers for Android, I use chrome since it will sync my bookmarks from my desktop to the phone.

I've never gotten asked any personal questions installing Tapatalk, but I do have the paid version. We've also got Forum Runner installed which has an android app, personally I use tapatalk most of the time though.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I typed "What Browser Am I Using" into google on my phone and it says that I am using Chrome 11 . So I guess that is what the phone came with from new.

As far as the tapatalk thing is concerned , I have installed it and deleted it and tried again several times now . Can't make head nor tail of that one. If they ever supply an app for this site I hope they will post a notice of it and I will get it and just slide it into my desktop folder where I have apps for some other sites all in one easy to access place. .
    Thanks to the ones who tried to help with this .