Drill Doctor Sharpeners on sale

Dave Johnson

The 750X is currently $124.99 with an additional 20% off and the 500X is $99.99 with an additional 20% off. Both include free shipping. I'm going with the 750X.

I have tried ordering a Drill Dr. from Amazon twice in the past, both times they were on sale for a really good price. Both times, I received an email stating the items were on backorder. Also, both times after waiting weeks, I got another email stating they were not able to get the unit at the price they posted. Needless to say, I still don't have a Drill Dr. I won't be ordering anything from Amazon anytime soon either. ;)

Good luck to those that get in on the deal, and actually get one shipped to them. I don't have much luck at times! :rolleyes: :D

For wood usage, my drills just don't get dull that fast. Also, I use brad point bits - don't know if the drill doctor will sharpen those.

If I was doing a lot of metal drilling, it would make more sense for me.

Mike

Personally I wouldn't spend that much on this tool but I did find a refurbished Drill Doctor 400 kit on Amazon a few months ago and my final delivered price (after a rebate from Drill Doctor) was about $45.

I've already used it once after the first hole I drilled in some steel took a lot of "wiggling" with my TDK. I then broke out the DD and sharpened the bit in seconds and the rest of the holes went right through. IMO a very sharp bit is really needed when using a portable drill to drill steel because you just dont have the RPM.

So IMO if you can pick one up, new or refurbished for $75 or less delivered then I think it is a worthwile purchase. Check Ebay. You dont need the latest and greatest version and probably don't even need the versions which have the 3/4" chuck since 1/2" is good enough for most of us.

And don't worry about parts if you buy an obsolete model. Drill Doctor Parts

For wood usage, my drills just don't get dull that fast. Also, I use brad point bits - don't know if the drill doctor will sharpen those.

If I was doing a lot of metal drilling, it would make more sense for me.

Mike

Drill Doctor won't do brad points. I sharpen my brad points with a fine flat diamond file on the inside of the cutting edge. Only takes seconds. Or on larger ones, my 1" belt sander does is great.
Nevertheless, I really like having the Drill Doctor. Handy-handy item.