It's Friday! 9/26/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Well, It's not yet here anyway, but it is my Friday! I took off Tomorrow and Monday to spend a little extra time with my wife and doing things she wants to do. We're celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary this year. We had planned to go out of town, but both my grandson and I have been under the weather this week, so decided to stay home. Will probably do some shop cleanup and may try to start cutting out pieces for the high chairs I need to get started on.

What's everyone else got going?

Back to working weekends regularly. Today should have been my 'day off' but yesterday will have to do for that purpose. Named the new car Socks. May as well. Price knocked mine off! :thud: My first house cost less.

Though the arbor for the Timberline saw came back. Maybe I can sneak some time in to start putting that saw back together.

Congrats Darren, my wife and I celebrated 15yrs yesterday. Tonight my parents are taking us out ot eat...tomorrow I'll spend most of the day in the shop making a couple commissioned cutting boards while listening to some college football. Sunday will probably be some scraping and priming on the house if I get the cutting boards done tomorrow.

This is a market weekend for us... Load the truck today (after I make a garbage run - one of the perks?? of living in the country, we haul our own garbage), then up early tomorrow (Saturday) and drive to Knoxville for the market. Sunday we'll probably kick back and watch a couple of football games and recover from Saturday.

Load the truck today (after I make a garbage run - one of the perks?? of living in the country, we haul our own garbage)

I have heard that there are places where people come to your home and actually pick up your trash on a regular basis :eek: Probably one on those urban legends I've heard about ;)

Going to the big box store (bj's) Saturday to stock up on household stuff then to my grand daughters soccer game. Have to reinforce the railing to the entrance of the church with another trustee in the afternoon. After 260 years it came loose. Guess they don't make them like they used to :rofl: Probably go out for a pizza sat night.

Sunday church, then off to the coast of Maine to our favorite clam shack for some fried scallops and clams :thumb:
Sunday church

Congrats to Mr & Mrs Wright and, to Mr & Mrs Bower :champagne: :thumb:

Same as usual around here...not much :rofl: Final clean-up of the garden, & a little more work on the guitar top, just ordered the truss rod and tuning machines last night so the neck is on the back burner until they show up. Got a couple more spots that need winterizing around the house. Tuned up the {forgive me for saying this so early lol} snowblower :eek::D and going to give the old furnace a once over hopefully this weekend as well.

Started today (Friday) sanding the top of the sewing cabinet LOML has been stripping; most of the yellow paint is gone, but we still need to dig it out of the grain. Also sprayed some rattle can lacquer on a frame I built to hold some hand painted tiles. Now, I'm turning a piece of patriotic camouflage acrylic for a bolt-action pen.

Saturday will be a lot of the same stuff.

Sunday should be a day of rest. After brunch, I'll settle in for the Dover race.

Not my idea of fun time but very necessary. Wife was going to have a card

party yesterday so the septic backed up. Needless to say after a pumping

the roots needed to be dealt with. Found a weird connection deleted into

drain line so off to the big box store. Three trips later I feel I have all necessary

parts and pieces to get job done correctly.

Don't you just old houses? Feel comfortable but over the years some weird

modifications have taken place. Just go with flow it keeps me off streets and

help the big stores survive

David today the plumber tomorrow who knows.

Heading out this afternoon to help set up the sound system for an outdoor gig tomorrow. (Going to do a sound check of my guitar rig a day in advance. It helps that the sound engineer is also the drummer in one of my bands.) Later today, I'm playing a happy hour gig with the acoustic/electric band. Saturday morning (WAY too early at 8:00 AM) I'm playing a 3 hour outdoor gig with the acoustic/electric band, followed immediately by another 3 hours with the all-electric band. In a 20-hour period, I will be playing 9 hours. For the uninitiated, that's LOT of wear and tear on the ol' fingers, especially for a lead player. And in my spare time on Saturday morning, I'm on a team of 20 people who are entered in an airplane-pulling contest. We'll be competing against other teams to see who can pull a Boeing 727 twelve feet in the shortest time. :D The airplane pull and the outdoor gig are part of a fund-raiser at the Albuquerque Airport to benefit shelter pets. (It's also celebrating the airport's 75th anniversary.)

http://www.cabq.gov/airport/sunport-tug-run-september-27th-2014

Sunday I suspect I'll sleep a lot, and may seek out a warm hot tub to spend the afternoon in. :rolleyes:

Well so far my weekend started well with some shop time this afternoon. Managed to get my router table caninet glued up. Sat i will attach the premade faceframe as per Jims method. ;) i like Jims idea. :)
Then its going to get a Glenn Bradley mod. :)
After that its make some draws and fit the rails. Got two days of good weather and shop time hopefully me putting this here does not jinx me.

Congrats on anniversary to you and your missus Darren. Ours is also this month. :)
Enjoy your shop time folks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Old Childhood friend turns 60 today and surprise party later today. Along with the ride up to his place. Maybe a bit of painting tomorrow ,

Yeah. It's a bit sobering to see our childhood and college friends having 60th birthdays or retiring. Forty years ago we thought we would live forever.

This weekend I have been helping my wife prepare for the church's Caribbean dinner, and working on the canoe. That's all.