Becoming Adoptive Parents Again

Bill Arnold

Staff member
This little guy showed up outside our back door two weeks ago.

View attachment 86201 View attachment 86202

We have no indication where he came from other than Bobbie seeing him run into the shrubs at the houses behind us. Nobody has been around looking for him, so we assume he was dumped in the neighborhood behind us. Why anyone would dump a cutie like this is crazy. We have a Humane Society as well as Miss Kitty (no-kill) Sanctuary.

He was really scared at first, but it's amazing what a little good kitty food did to improve his attitude. Bobbie took him to the vet last week; he has some minor things to treat but overall very healthy. He's only about 7 weeks old now and has certainly made himself at home!

Our older male cat is pouting, but he'll get over it. Our 2 year old female cat just had this comment:

DSCN0020.jpg

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCN0018.jpg
    DSCN0018.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0014.jpg
    DSCN0014.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
What a cutie :thumb:

Reminds me of a story. When I was a kid we had a cat that seemed to have kittens every few months. There was a place for cats in Boston called the Undine home for cats. Once the kittens were old enough to leave the mother my dad would take the kittens to the shelter. I always wondered why my mom and dad would laugh like crazy every time he was about to leave :dunno:My mom told me many years later that as my dad was leaving I would run up to him and ask if I could go to the to the "cat house" with him :rofl:

What a cutie :thumb:

Reminds me of a story. When I was a kid we had a cat that seemed to have kittens every few months. There was a place for cats in Boston called the Undine home for cats. Once the kittens were old enough to leave the mother my dad would take the kittens to the shelter. I always wondered why my mom and dad would laugh like crazy every time he was about to leave :dunno:My mom told me many years later that as my dad was leaving I would run up to him and ask if I could go to the to the "cat house" with him :rofl:

After I got my shop addition closed in and Bobbie decided it was time to get a cat up here in Georgia, we really didn't want cats in the house anymore. I had no problem keeping them in the shop. There was one, then we added another. Both were great cats - friendly, etc. Seeing as so many folks put a sign on their shops, the only fitting sign I could think of was "Cat House". Needless to say, there is no sign on my shop!